Mission 11 (CAP for Kiowas) - how?

First of all please let me state that I very much like that campaign as it creates a really intense immersion!

However, now I really struggle with mission 11 - CAP to protect the Kiowas: after returning from WP 4 back to WP 3 I encounter that flight of 4 MiGs and it seems to be impossible to defeat them. I might manage to kill one of them but then closely after I get shot by a missile every time. I think I am pretty good at BFM but in those 4v4 I really struggle.

What is the best strategy to employ my AI wingmen? What is the best strategy for myself against the all-aware AI MiGs? They just seem to have the perfect SA...

It's the AI that went through a lot of changes in the last 4 years. It is supposed to be doable, but I know that as of late the Mig-21s are even better, even if the AI level is lowered, the way I used to engage this is to make sure that my missiles don't miss, with one head on attack where you use the P5 pretty much as an oversized bullet. I'll test it on my end, I'm not as proficient with the F-5 as I used to be, so it will be a challenge on it's own. 

vor 21 Minuten schrieb SorelRo:

the way I used to engage this is to make sure that my missiles don't miss, with one head on attack where you use the P5 pretty much as an oversized bullet.

That's how the MiGs do it as well with their R-60s 😅

Flying in a straight line in order to aim the Sidewinders makes you pretty vulnerable as well...

vor 25 Minuten schrieb SorelRo:

I'll test it on my end, I'm not as proficient with the F-5 as I used to be, so it will be a challenge on it's own. 

I'm curious about your assessment! Many thanks in advance! 😀

• Like 1

Definitely the Mig-21 AI is way smarter, there are also a few things that don't check out well. Let me see if I can come up with a fx before rolling out the new version. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...