Mast bump more frequently after update

Mast bumping is off in DCS Huey. It happens way too easily when flying reasonably aggressively (within flight envelope) and I have been told so by real operators who fly the Huey even today in the Helleinic Army Airforce.

Try flying the maneuver in this video here at 2:02 :

A mild forth and back "swinging" motion followed by an aggressive nose pushdown. 

Its nearly impossible in DCS... 

Insta-Mast bump, if you push the nose down...

This effect is very complicated to tune

Its not reasonable to occure when you push the nosedown at such low speeds even approaching 0 knots like its happening now.

This kinda of problems have been discussed many times in the past.

Maybe it gets further tweaked as a byproduct from the further expected engine model refinements.

Maybe...,

I have no hopes of this happening anytime soon though.

f.

Edited by fapador
  • Like 2

Obsessed with FM's

• 1 month later...

Seems this may have been tuned? I tried a similar maneuver earlier, and no mast bumping.

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."

• 2 weeks later...

Gonzolo, please, do not behave to our beloved Huey like this. It is strictly forbidden and it may happen this module will be permanently disabled for you.

Huey in the air, Spitfire in the hangar 🙂

The last version of OpenBeta (all terrains)

MFG Crosswind V2; Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog; TrackIR 5