Opening audio file stopped working (Set triggers)

Go to solution Solved by Bojanglez,

Hey guys,

I have  been setting trigger zones and triggers  for  years now so I am pretty sure its not me.
Here is whats messed up:

- Created Mission with 10 Songs  I could choose from via setting flags values through added radio items. So in F10 -"other" I could choose from 10 Songs.
- Worked fine.
- wanted to change a song
- "open" button to  browse for  files stopped working ( as if I am not clicking it - just doesnt react at all)
- repaired DCS open beta - same problem
- set up other new mission - same problem
- tried to "open" another file for  a community mission - same problem

The button is simply dead and is so even in missions where me or others have successfully set audio files before!

Anyone got any  ideas?

Screenshot 2024-01-04 205929.png

Not to diminish your issue, but it works for me.  So I doubt it is trivially broke.

I assume it is not coming up on another screen or off screen?  Are all the other UI buttons still active? (i.e. not blocked by a modal dialog?)

image.png

Edited by [HOUNDS] CptTrips

Posted (edited)

Thanks for the reply. Its not showing on another screen. I only have one screen running. All other ui buttons are active and this one even highlights when I hover over it with the mouse. Just not clickable. 
also I should mention that this all happened in 2.8 

updated to 2.9 a while ago and the issue persisted.

its very odd. 

Edited by Bojanglez

vor 20 Stunden schrieb [HOUNDS] CptTrips:

You have mods?

Have you tried with a completely new mission with nothing added yet?  

Broken from the start with a new mission?

Mods: yes. But just the simple stuff. military / civilian assets pack. Range targets. A4. 

yes  i have tried multiple times to do an empty new mission on different maps but still the same. Broken frome the start.

Also tried different resolutions to see if the window is not showing… nope. Thats not it.

curiously the „open“ button for scripts at the bottom of that same screen works and will give me a nice dialogue window to browse files. Perfectly center layover window on my screen. The open buttons in the back then become dead and dark. Wont react to mouse over. 

when I click the open button to browse audio files it just wont open the window and happily reacts to mouse over. Just not to click. 

Arrrrgggh!!

Have you looked at this thread yet?

Specifically this advice seems to have helped a number of people: "Could try going to savedgames/MissionEditor/settings.lua and deleting the line listing the soundPath. Then check that folder and see if there are any odd files in there that DCS can't open."

Edited by rob10
  • Thanks 1

• Solution
vor 19 Stunden schrieb rob10:

Have you looked at this thread yet?

Specifically this advice seems to have helped a number of people: "Could try going to savedgames/MissionEditor/settings.lua and deleting the line listing the soundPath. Then check that folder and see if there are any odd files in there that DCS can't open."

Man. Thanks so much. Thats it! Nice. Really grateful. Solved!

• Like 1

What theatre are you using.  Try running it in another theatre because we've had some triggers work in one theatre but not another.  We add an issue last night with a trigger set to launch MiG-29 jets not working.  The jets launched at mission start in Caucasus, yet the same trigger worked in PG.  Sometimes triggers will work online but not off line or vice versa.

Edited by BoneDust

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

4 hours ago, BoneDust said:

What theatre are you using.  Try running it in another theatre because we've had some triggers work in one theatre but not another.  We add an issue last night with a trigger set to launch MiG-29 jets not working.  The jets launched at mission start in Caucasus, yet the same trigger worked in PG.  Sometimes triggers will work online but not off line or vice versa.

Ya, those issues are frustrating currently.  But the OP in this case was having an issue in the mission editor, they weren't at a point where they could run the mission yet.

• Thanks 1