ECM - burn through ranges tested

dlder

First off: this is not a bug report per se, just some information and maybe a question, but I didn't know where else to put this...

It's more or less widely known that the jets respectively the ECM fall into classes which define the burn-through ranges. As far as I found out, it doesn't matter which jet you are flying (ie. which radar you have) - like the F-15C or MiG-29S.

There is one question though: why do some "Fighters" fall into the "Attacker ECM" role?
meaning: the F-14B for instance is detected inside 29nm, just like every other Attack-Jet. And there's a bunch of those!

And is the following a bug?

• The F-16C can be detected at 29nm with the F-15C or the Su-33, no matter which ECM pod is used
  • The F-16C with the ALQ-184 can also be detected at 29nm with the MiG-29S
  • but if the F-16C is using the ALQ-131 pod, then the MiG-29S can only detect the jet at 24.5nm

I really didn't cross-check every jet with every other, it was just a lucky find, but it seems weird if everything else is using the default ranges...

Anyway, here is a table with all the jets I tested:

Spoiler

image.png

Cheers!

Edited by dlder
wording

their radar and ECM use lot of math from old lockon age and simplify. especially on AIs.

In ASM module dev can deploy custom math in radar for the human player but not in ECMs.

There is no detailed ECM data that can be datamined neither. most likely ECM was hardcoded in some dll files and classed by category. and heavily simplified:

Edited by Insonia
  • Like 1