Better 'Axis' AI Priority

Droning_On

OK  let me set the senario first.    Huge WW2 dogfight in a single player mission (Reflected's The Big Show)  24 spits vs 20+ FW190 and we're defending LOTs of B19s so lots of assets in the air (not that that matters)

After 5 or so minutes I reform my 3 spit wingmen as we seem to be a few miles from the main furball.  A single FW190 meanders over our direction and I set the 3 AI spits to attack the 190, and off they go all happily filling him full of holes.

Now, you would expect the 190,  looking now more like a colander than a WW2 fighter,  with 3 spits taking pot shots each to be ULTRA MEGA defensive, but no.  It goes out its way to do a lazy loop around in my direction, oblivious to the spits behind and trys to get on my tail...... 3 spits STILL punching holes in it ..... ???  WHY? 

Some will probably state this a BUG but its more a Wish list for me tbh.....surely the AI should have some form of priority set for its behaviour and 'attacking the Player' should not be higher than defending it own 'life'

ive now played this particular mission (coz its fun) multiple times and All 'axis' flights just seem to pinpoint me as the main target ignoring the rest of the AI spits even when im mashing engage bandits or defend me? 

my Wish would be for ED to TRY and tweak the rules/priorities to stop this cazyAIness

Rant over 🙂

Edit:  just to point out that if its 2 groups of opossing AI's they seem to fight it out rather well,  but if im in the mix its like flies round 💩          with the 💩 = me....  🤣

Edited by Droning_On
Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600x [OC_4700Mhz  1.27v All Core],   AMD Rx6700XT 12GB,    32Gb DDR4_3200 CL16,    M.2_NVMe(OS) + 1TB M.2 SSD for DCS install ,    Delan opentrack IR,    QHD 1440p@75Mhz 32" HDR Monitor.

Hotas heavy modded  T.Flight Hotas One - 3D printed Mods. 3D Printed Pedals 3D prinded Delan Clip, Future mods…Upgrade T.flight to Hall sensors…more switches….F-16 ICP,  Spitfire/Mossie switch labels and future Athentikit Spit Mk iX controls.