Propellor positioning bug?

WWSandMan

Just wondering if the images below capture mis-alignment or misplacement of the propellor on various external-views of AI WW2 aircraft. If this is old and known, please disregard. If there is a known work-around or fix, please let me know. 

What I see in-game but not quite captured in the screenshots below, is that there appear to be multiple propellor 'fans' around each aircraft pictured, starting from the nose and working to or beyond the cockpit area. To be honest, I was shocked... This can't be a new thing, can it? 

The P-47 taxiing was the only one that had the propellor at completely the wrong angle in relation to the aircraft. That seems like a rudimentary error that should have been squashed years ago. So why do I see it now? Some setting related directly to WW2 aircraft affecting this?

~~~

Back-story: I've had some recent health issues requiring me to take the next couple months off in recovery. Fine time to finally get my hands thoroughly into DCS instead of spending money on modules and never learning them. My very first foray was to open a 'cold and dark' P-47 engine start mission, and see if I could coax the Jug into the air. I was just about to start throwing switches around when a pair flew by me in-game. I figured I would F2-view the planes and enjoy a little propellor-head imagery. As I panned around the first aircraft I saw, the propellor seemed to fade back along the fuselage like tip-rings you might see in WW2 or Korean vintage deck-camera views of aircraft carriers. "Well, that could be cool" I think to myself... Until I realize there's no prop on the nose of the plane, it just glides back and forth along the fuselage. As I adjust my view it reverts to normal, but from certain angles, it sucks.

Thoughts?

Digital Combat Simulator  Black Shark Screenshot 2024.01.11 - 12.28.28.36.jpg

Digital Combat Simulator  Black Shark Screenshot 2024.01.11 - 12.28.22.91.jpg

Digital Combat Simulator  Black Shark Screenshot 2024.01.11 - 12.27.53.18.jpg

Digital Combat Simulator  Black Shark Screenshot 2024.01.11 - 12.28.05.50.jpg

Digital Combat Simulator  Black Shark Screenshot 2024.01.11 - 12.28.51.70.jpg

Digital Combat Simulator  Black Shark Screenshot 2024.01.11 - 12.29.10.53.jpg

Digital Combat Simulator  Black Shark Screenshot 2024.01.11 - 12.29.29.93.jpg

Administration Officer: Wing Walkers virtual Squadron - online (and a member of) since 1992!

Spoiler

Intel I-9 10900K, NVidia RTX 3070, 64gb RAM, 32" 4K Dell monitor, Thrustmaster WartHog, Cougar MFD's,  MFG Crosswind rudders, TIR-5

Yes, there is a thread about it in 2.9 bugs section of the forum.

On player-controlled planes, it's reported to be caused by playing in single-threaded mode rather than multi-threaded. Unlikely to be fixed given the fact that ST is to be unsupported and discontinued in near future.

Don't remember if the same solution works for AI planes, though. Not at my PC to check right now.

Edited by Art-J
  • Like 1

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Thank you, Art-J. Had an opportunity this morning to find and start-up in MT mode and re-ran the canned mission I was using. Mission ran well and all visuals were as expected/normal instead of crazy. This was run under the latest open-beta + multi-threading. 

Side note: I thought multi-threading had already become the basis on which OB was operating. I was very surprised to find it still is not. So I've re-added my MT desktop icon so I can start in the correct mode. I appreciate the nudge in the right direction!

• Like 2

Administration Officer: Wing Walkers virtual Squadron - online (and a member of) since 1992!

Spoiler

Intel I-9 10900K, NVidia RTX 3070, 64gb RAM, 32" 4K Dell monitor, Thrustmaster WartHog, Cougar MFD's,  MFG Crosswind rudders, TIR-5