MWS shows active in standby mode (likely correct)

Go to solution Solved by ASAP,

This could be correct behavior, but it's not clear to me. The DCS manual says "When the MWS has power, it [CMSC] will display ACTIVE and with no power it will display OFF."

When the CMSP is set to STBY and the MWS switch is set to ON, the CMSC will display ACTIVE despite being in standby and not being functional. Do we know if CMSC displays OFF or ACTIVE when in standby mode in the real aircraft?

Tested in DCS 2.9.2.49940 Open Beta, but this is not new behavior.

a10c-mws-active.trk A10C-mws-active.miz

Pimax Crystal, Asus ProArt X670E-Creator, Ryzen 7950X3D, 64gb DDR5, RTX 4090 FE, Magic Trackpad 3, Warthog HOTAS, Warthog Throttle and TPR pedals.

• Solution

Of all the systems on the jet this one has the lowest fidelity of how it's actually modeled. None of the CMSP or CMSC is actually accurately simulated, and there are a ton of differences between the real system and the way it's modeled in DCS.

Edited by ASAP
  • Thanks 1

I BELIEVE, and can totally be wrong, but I think the MWS window on the CMSC says either INH, MAN, or HOT with a small 's' next to it when the CMSP rotary in in standbye.

That way you can hit the button to set it to the one you want it to be when you take it out of standbye (and the 's' goes away).

• Like 1