Viper Ejection Seat Arming Lever mapping

Capt. Morgan

Dear Devs,

Please make it so we can map 1) the Viper ejection seat arming lever, and 2) the altimeter ELEC/PNEU switch, to a joystick /control panel. I've spent hours trying to change the .lua files but i have not been successful. These are the last 2 things I need to map to be totally mouse free when starting up the Viper.

Thanks for the amazing module!

• Like 1

If you want to help yourself, add these lines to the "default.lua" using Notepad++ ("Run as Admin"):
1. Ejection safety lever:

{down = cpt_commands.EjectionSafetyLever, value_down = 1.0, cockpit_device_id = devices.CPT_MECH, name = _('Ejection Safety Lever ARMED'), category = {_('Systems')}},
{down = cpt_commands.EjectionSafetyLever, value_down = 0.0, cockpit_device_id = devices.CPT_MECH, name = _('Ejection Safety Lever LOCKED'), category = {_('Systems')}},

2. Elec/Pneu switch:

{down = alt_commands.ELEC, up = alt_commands.ELEC, value_down = -1.0, value_up = 0.0, cockpit_device_id = devices.AAU34, name = _('Altimeter Mode Switch ELEC/OFF'), category = {_('Instrument Panel')}},
{down = alt_commands.PNEU, up = alt_commands.PNEU, value_down = 1.0, value_up = 0.0, cockpit_device_id = devices.AAU34, name = _('Altimeter Mode Switch PNEU/OFF'), category = {_('Instrument Panel')}},

• Like 1

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Sorry to be a pain but I must be doing something wrong. I downloaded notepad ++ and ran as admin. I was finally able to save the file. But after saving and then running DCS neither of the above items showed up in the control mapping section. 

This was the path of the file I changed.

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\F-16C\Input\F-16C\joystick

From there it was the default.lua that I changed.  Is it the correct one?

Yes, that's the correct file path for Open Beta.
You might have put the lines in the wrong place in  the file.
I recommend you read the how-to document I have posted here: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/270080-lua-editing-for-additional-key-binds-tutorial-no-discussion-here-please/#elControls_4646929_menu

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5