Additional rocket warhead/zone options, individual missile rail loading

NeedzWD40

We've had a pretty good past year with the AH-64D. We got the AGM-114L, 1200 round magazine, datalink (a big one!), and the initial implementation of the FCR. As the recent newsletter indicates, additional FCR functionality is on the way, along with George and a campaign.

However, I've yet to see where additional rocket warheads and the rocket management system are in this plan. In the past, it has been indicated that warheads like the M255 and M261 will be coming later, though I'm uncertain if the plan is during or after early access. This leads to a series of questions as to whether or not we will see the M255, M261, and M264 warheads and how they might be implemented. In addition, my sources are ambiguous as to whether or not the M156 is utilized by the AH-64, as my understanding is that it operates identically to the M151, but any official confirmation on that would be nice to know as well.

This is topped by the rocket management system, which would be a very handy addition to flexibility with rockets. I've no idea how such a system would work, but I'm assuming it might be similar to the fuzing panel for bombs. Are there any indications as to where this falls in the implementation timeline? Further, might we see an expansion to this system to pick M299 rail loadings outside of the current automatically set stores?

As an additional note, a large complaint I've noticed for a lot regarding the M230 (outside of the rounds disappearing at ~2900m) has to do with the tendency of the gun having a seeming parallax error from TADS relative to the aircraft's centerline. That is to say, in a hover, if the target is almost directly on the nose, the rounds hit per the crosshairs, whereas if the target is to the left, the rounds tend to go right of the crosshair; while if to the right, the rounds prefer to go to the left. Holdovers can be used to correct for some of this, but I was curious as to whether or not the ability to dynamically harmonize the gun might be implemented?

Thank you and let's have a great year for the AH-64D!

• Like 3

• Raptor9 changed the title to Additional rocket warhead/zone options, individual missile rail loading