Mission Zero to Hero - Chapter 1 | SP/MP (1-4 Player, 2 Apaches)

Hello,

I have spent many hours building a multi-part mission campaign. Chapter 1 is currently finished and I would like to hear your opinion on it. It can be played with up to 4 players (2 pilots and 2 copilots). The scenario takes place in Cyprus on the map of Syria. 

Requirements:

- AH-64D Apache
- Map: Syria

Please let me know how you like the balancing (it won't be easy!) and if you find any bugs. If you like it, i will work on the other chapters. If not, then not 😉

logo.png

This is a fictitious scenario

The government of the Republic of the island state of Cyprus has been overthrown by a military coup. The United Nations has issued a mandate to form a new transitional government. Under the leadership of the US armed forces, the insurgent military units are to be repelled.

Fighting has been raging for weeks and a large part of the enemy forces have been destroyed by the US Air Force. Now it is time to end the insurgency together from the ground and from the air. A new bridgehead has now been established at the Lakatamia helicopter port near the city of Nicosia. More AH-64D Apache attack helicopters will be deployed there to reinforce the troops and support the ground units for the upcoming offensive. The LHA-1 Tarawa is used for transportation to the coast. The Navy was not exactly happy about this. The transfer flight takes place in the early morning of December 4, 1998 at 0700, shortly before sunrise. Due to the incompatibility of the AH-64D with the existing stocks on the Tarawa, only a small amount of fuel and external tanks as well as a minimum armament of 360 rounds of cannon ammunition are available. An additional 2x Hellfire AGM-114K/2x AGM-114L  per helicopter are available for the flight.

From the mainland, several US Air Force F-15 fighter jets will bomb a swath through the coastal air defenses. Since we have absolute air supremacy, we do not expect any enemy air units. However, be very careful as enemy ground forces may be deployed at any time. Fly low and fast.

Your objective for the day is to reach the Lakatamia helipad. As soon as the transfer flight is completed, you can rearm and refuel and then take your new orders.

The weather is cold, moderate wind with strong gusts.

Good luck!

An AH-64D Mission - Zero to Hero - Chapter 1 - v1.0.miz

1.png

4.png

5.png

6.png

7.png

10.png

11.png

12.png

Edited by putze4711
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Just tried this and found it excellent, really felt like I was in the middle of a war! Unfortunately, when I swapped into the CPG seat to take out the enemy after waypoint 9, George saw fit to settle us with power into the ground......

I know DCS does not let you have save points, but it would be great if there was someway of achieving this.....its such a pain to have to go back to beginning again and do it all again. 

Perhaps you could add some Apache units that spawn if the player dies, so they are available from the select role list? Dunno if that would work...

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

Does the mission have success / fail criteria? Are there linked triggers that for example dont work unless the player completes? I was thinking that you could maybe add some asdditional Apache units at a FARP on the island that you could "move" to if killed....But I dont really know how complex and interlinked all the tasks etc are for the mission......

Would you be able to explain the trggers and mission progression structure? Also, I took a LOT of ground fire while inbound on the route, is this supposed to happen, is the helo invunerable as I was surprised to find no damage........

One more point....when given the co ordinates of the troops in contact, I was unable to get the KBU to accept the co ords. I tried various combinations, with spaces and without but each time the KBU just flashed after I entered and would not let proceed to altitude entry....in the end I looked on the F10 map to see  the rough area I was required at and flew there. I am pretty conversant in the procedure for entering waypoints etc, so not sure why the co ords given were not accepted.....

Thanks! 

Edited by markturner1960

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit.