F-15 E

SYKO

having problem getting tanker to respond to me for air refuleing. turning on Radio, selecting radio and imputing Freq and selecting manual  but no response. I know it is something idiotic that im not doing which upon discovery  will make me very pissed at myself but ive hit the wall. This occurs in Refueling mission and multiplayer

Secondly is there a way to re-center the HUD when it correcting for winds aloft much like entering keyboard C for the F-18? 

THX, SYKO

My guess is you forgot to press the MAN-AM button on the UFC radio menu for the ARC-210, I think it still incorrectly defaults to FM for the VHF-AM and UHF frequencies.  Either that, or you selected the wrong tanker on the same frequency, or you called a C-130 or KC-135MPRS.

IIRC, caging the velocity vector in NAV and INST MM's has not been implemented yet, even though there's a HOTAS command for it

Edited by jaylw314
  • Like 1

You were right  it was the MAN-AM button. THX Now i can go and frustrate myself for an extended time honing my refueling skills. I just thought of another question which is the prefered comm program for DCS thanks again

• Like 1

Oh yes sorry. I was talking in general for multiplayer ie, TeamSpeak, Discord, SMS , and DCS Voice Chat, etc. Seamless use, quality, ease of setup and where the DCS herd has migrated to.

DCS offers ingame VoiceChat, which should be the communication solution for us. Unfortunately it doesn´t meet expectations on many ends yet while still being developed. So this might be your way of communicating in the future.

SRS is what works and what most players have been using for years on servers. I highly suggest you have a look.

For preflight communications or basic chats, we do use Discord - but i guess it´s up to you and your friends what you prefer.

Edited by Jel
  • Like 1

When in doubt - climb. Nobody ever collided with air.