MotionXP 6DOF platform

Hi, I am not using this product, but the PS-6TM-150 product from Motionsystems.

I have been using it for more than 3 years and am extremely satisfied.

You should pay attention to the following things when buying:

• Does the manufacturer offer functioning motion compensation? All movements of the platform must be compensated for in the VR headset, otherwise you will permanently change your position in the virtual cockpit.
  • Does the manufacturer offer functioning software with sufficient setting options for how the forces are transferred from the platform? In the video on their website, for example, I can see that the platform rolls to the side in turns. This is wrong, as rolling to the side simulates lateral forces that hardly ever occur in flight (otherwise every Airbus would spill coffee in turns). This can be configured if the user wishes, but the important thing is that you can change it.

Motionsystems offers both points perfectly (among other advantages), but also has its price.

Edited by MadMonty

PC: Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming | AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Palit GeForce RTX 4090 Game Rock OC | 64 GB Patriot VIPER VENOM DDR5-6000

Input: Brunner CLS-E FFB Base | Thrustmaster Warthog Joystick & Throttle | Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder | WinWing Phoenix MIP (VR) - F16 ICP - PTO2 | VPC SharKA-50 Collective 

VR: HP Reverb G2

Motion-Platform: Motionsystems PS-6TM-150 | Monstertech MTX

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/@madmontys6dofmotionplatfor386/featured

Indeed.  They use Flypt Mover and Open Xr MC for the VR compensation.  They are cheaper, a bit more DIY but also have bigger motion ranges than motionsystems and the various tests / videos I have seen show a very stable, smooth and quiet base.

Edited by Brainfreeze

i9 14900K / 64GB / RTX 4090 / Varjo Aero / Winwing Orion2 + F15EX / Virpil Wrbrd + Alpha Stick + ACE pedals

I would be careful of bigger motion ranges. I just needs a longer time to get there, so sometimes the immersion can be affected by to long travelling distances. You want it fast and sharp, espcescially when flying a jet. Take a look at my carrier launch (link in signature) and compare it to their movements on their website. My first impression was, that they need more time to reach the final position... But still it looks like a promising product!

PC: Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming | AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Palit GeForce RTX 4090 Game Rock OC | 64 GB Patriot VIPER VENOM DDR5-6000

Input: Brunner CLS-E FFB Base | Thrustmaster Warthog Joystick & Throttle | Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder | WinWing Phoenix MIP (VR) - F16 ICP - PTO2 | VPC SharKA-50 Collective 

I see your point but do not think it is valid technically.  With similar roll rate and acceleration a platform with more travel range will just be able to have an extended range of sensations.  if you can pitch 40deg then you can feel a stronger G force on acceleration for example than if the platform can only roll 20deg.   The motionsystems rolls at about 50deg/s I believe.  The MotionXp can roll at 150deg/sec so anything rendered by the motionsystems should be rendered exactly the same on the MotionXP. And speed and travel are totally customisable anyway through the software. The fact it can travel more does not mean it will travel more to render the same sensation. In fact it will not.   It will only if it needs to in order to render the right sensation and if the platform has only a shorter range then it will just stop before and not render as much as one with a longer travel range. 

i9 14900K / 64GB / RTX 4090 / Varjo Aero / Winwing Orion2 + F15EX / Virpil Wrbrd + Alpha Stick + ACE pedals

Sounds reasonable! Let us know when you bought it and how everything works…