VKB MCG and STECs default axis bindings (and changing them)

Hello everyone,

So, my controllers have a bit of an odd setup:

• One of the MCG hats is bound to RZ
  • The MCG twist axis is bound to Z
  • The STECS throttle axis is bound to one of the rotors, and the throttles themselves are bound to X and Y.
  • Throttle axis are inverted

Is this normal? It seems like an odd default setup.

Also, does anyone have a template or tutorial for re-assigning the axis in the joystick software? Some older games don't allow rebinding the axis within the games themselves, so not having the axis defaults be more normal renders the stick unusable.

34 minutes ago, Avimimus said:

Hello everyone,

So, my controllers have a bit of an odd setup:

• One of the MCG hats is bound to RZ
  • The MCG twist axis is bound to Z
  • The STECS throttle axis is bound to one of the rotors, and the throttles themselves are bound to X and Y.
  • Throttle axis are inverted

Is this normal? It seems like an odd default setup.

Also, does anyone have a template or tutorial for re-assigning the axis in the joystick software? Some older games don't allow rebinding the axis within the games themselves, so not having the axis defaults be more normal renders the stick unusable.

Yes, the STECs throttle makes some odd default bindings. I just have to go to each binding, cancel them and reassign them manually. It's a bit of a pain. I don't know if it's VKB issue, the throttle not sending the correct signals to DCS, or, with it being a relatively new throttle, if it's a DCS issue and them not assigning the default axis properly.

i5-11600K CPU, 64GB DDR4 RAM, XFX Speedster MERC319 AMD Radeon 6900 XT, Oculus Quest 2, HP Reverb G2