Worlds apart mission one

DCoffey

Multiple attempts now and I can’t get past mission one where I have to orbit the building while wolf 1 lands and inspects. I orbited for 10 minutes, then 20 and tonight until I ran out of fuel! What triggers this to go on? Yes I am orbiting clockwise.  It’s a huge throw something factor when you spend an hour to get to the part that you can’t get past and must start all over for another attempt.

DCS: suggestion, code the ability to save current position in a mission to continue later.

Multiple attempts now and I can’t get past mission one where I have to orbit the building while wolf 1 lands and inspects. I orbited for 10 minutes, then 20 and tonight until I ran out of fuel! What triggers this to go on? Yes I am orbiting clockwise.  It’s a huge throw something factor when you spend an hour to get to the part that you can’t get past and must start all over for another attempt.

DCS: suggestion, code the ability to save current position in a mission to continue later.

Saves are coming.
Haven't played the campaign for a couple of years, while it worked for me.

Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk

@DCoffey
A fix was already sent to ED weeks ago, but they mist it in the last hotfix.

It is a DCS Core problem. Simply saving the mission in the actual version of DCS Beta solved the issue.
I am sorry, that it thanks so kong to publish the fix, but we do our best, solving problems within 48 hours but we have no influence on how and when ED put it in an update.

Skipping a mission is always an option, even if it is not satisfying. :dunno:

• Like 1

Always happy landings ;)

5 hours ago, CHPL said:

@DCoffey
A fix was already sent to ED weeks ago, but they mist it in the last hotfix.

It is a DCS Core problem. Simply saving the mission in the actual version of DCS Beta solved the issue.
I am sorry, that it thanks so kong to publish the fix, but we do our best, solving problems within 48 hours but we have no influence on how and when ED put it in an update.

Skipping a mission is always an option, even if it is not satisfying. :dunno:

So it’s not something I’m doing or not doing, it’s a bug in dcs?

That means I’m not a total noob pilot! Thanks for the reply.

@DCoffey
:smilewink: You are doing perfectly fine.
It was hard to figure out what caused the problem because we could not reproduce it.
But with the help of another community member, we found out.

Because of changes in DCS core to the AI behavior or so, the mission needs to be stored with the actual Beta, and everything is fine.
Unfortunately, because of the copy protection, you may be unable to save the mission.
So we have to wait for the exact same miz. Stored again and implemented by ED. :doh: 
That is the world of bits and bytes, which often goes far beyond my horizon. :surrender: 

Always happy landings ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem. Would be nice for ED to fix this please.

Stalker_Signature.png

i9-11900K (Corsair water cooled); Z590; 64Gb Dominator 3466; Zotac Trinity OC RTX 4090; Soundblaster Z; Samsung 980 & 990 Pros; Pimax 8K X, 5K XR;

Winwing Orion 2 F/A-18 throttle, Winwing Orion 2 base with extension and F-15EX grip (from F/A-18 grip); Virpil Warbrd base (2x extensions) with TM Warthog grip, TM Warthog throttle; Ace-Flight Rudder Pedals, Control Panel #2; Simshaker Jetpad / HF8.

My apologies, I was talking about the mission problem where the powerplant walkaround doesn't happen.

Stalker_Signature.png

i9-11900K (Corsair water cooled); Z590; 64Gb Dominator 3466; Zotac Trinity OC RTX 4090; Soundblaster Z; Samsung 980 & 990 Pros; Pimax 8K X, 5K XR;

Winwing Orion 2 F/A-18 throttle, Winwing Orion 2 base with extension and F-15EX grip (from F/A-18 grip); Virpil Warbrd base (2x extensions) with TM Warthog grip, TM Warthog throttle; Ace-Flight Rudder Pedals, Control Panel #2; Simshaker Jetpad / HF8.

Looks like the fix is deployed in this update. Noice.

Stalker_Signature.png

I have just tested this post update and it is exactly the same. Wolf 1 lands, or hovers next to power station and then nothing.

Stalker_Signature.png

@Simultaneous This is terrible news. :cry_2:
Because it works for us and our testers.
I am sorry about the trouble and wasted time on your side. To ensure you do not use mods, and you use the actual unified version of DCS?
But I am afraid I will need your help to solve the problem because it looks particular to only some players. We get bug reports only from you and one other guy.

After the last update today, I will recheck the situation and come forward with a solution. If I do not find a problem Today or tomorrow, you will get a direct message so we got you a working file as soon as possible idependend of any DCS updates.

Thank you for your patience. 

Always happy landings ;)

PLEASE USE THE RADIO MENU F-10 WORKAROUND. AVAILABLE BEFORE THE AI APPROACHES THE LANDING ZONE WHEN YOU TAKE OFF AT THE BRIDGE.
The AI will not land then, and the task is skipped. :surrender:

Edited by CHPL

Always happy landings ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I recently purchased your campaign. I´m having the same problem, wolf1 lands (or hovers) and mission does not advance. Im playing with the last version with no mods. Should I use the walkaround you mentioned or should it work?

@Manute
sorry for missing your post. :surrender:

It should work if you use the actual version of DCS and no MOD at all.
We have no other explanation for this problem.
It appears after a change in the DCS core, but DCS fixed this in the meantime.

Please use the workaround in the F-10 Radio menu when WOLF 1 approaches the station. :flowers:

Always happy landings ;)