X-56 Set Mode Switch to change aircraft mode

RickJamesBish

Should be possible, but afaik only if you dont have the software of the hotas. I've been using my X-55's mode switch as modifier for past few years. But DCS wasn't registering that as a keybind when I had the X-55 software installed.

• 1 month later...

Not working for me. X56 is 2 weeks old and was on the verge of sending it back because it would not install drivers. That was with the Logi software. Finally found the old Saitek software, actually I think it was X55 (blue symbol, not black and it installed the drivers. Even tried installing the Logi again(black symbol)  but it still didn't work. So now I can use it (partially) in DCS, IL2, and Warthunder but still having troubles, mostly in DCS with several buttons. Like the lower axis wheel on the throttle. I get nothing. Button only. Saw a vid last night on making mod buttons with the mode switch. Just tried it and it doesn't work for me. Saw Jarrod's vid on using the software to set up the switches but I would rather leave the software alone. But now that the drivers show up in Device manager maybe I should uninstall the software and try again. I dunno.

Also I was told Mi M2 and S1 are buttons 34, 35 and 36 respectively. These do show up in the manual input and was able to map those modifiers. But they didn't do anything. But there were also 34, 35, and 36 off settings. Leading me to think that these settings are for on/off switches. Does anyone know where I can actually see the corresponding X56 button layout for DCS?

Allright. Quick follow up. Went back into the software and found the three position switch was unrecognized there. So I uninstalled it went back to DCS and was able to make the modifiers. Damn! I'm too old for this.