CCRP help

Dustbag1969

I have Chucks guide on a tablet in front of me and I am trying to follow the guide for CCRP using the DMT but only about 1 in 10 attempts to the bombs release and I have no idea why.

1. Sometimes after designating the target on the HUD it says "AUTO" or "RAUT" or "GAUT". Does this matter and what should it say for a CCRP bomb run using the DMT?

2. On the DMT should it say TV or INS in the top left after designating the target

3. When I have the DMT pointing at the target what is the correct sequence after this point up until bomb release

4. Do I still need to hold WP increment for >0.8sec every time and then select TGT - 0 and Enter 

Thanks for any suggestions

Regarding 1. GAUT and RAUT should be okay. As I understand it, G or R are designations for GPS or radar altimeter as the altitude source and AUT(o) being the designation for CCRP mode as automatic release depending on weapons computer.

DMT needs to be in TV mode, than you can TDC depress and slew. Next should be WP incr. long press to create T0 and you should see drop symbology when facing in this direction.

Also make sure your nozzles are at 0°. When starting from runway or parking hot they are down to 10° and if you just takeoff conventional, they will stay when not tilted to 0°.

When you say "TDC depress and slew". I have the TDC action/no action" option unticked do do I still need to press  TDC action when I have moved the DMT cursor onto my target?

Also when I press WP increment long and 0 comes up in the display do I need to press TGT on the UFC panel and then hit Enter to confirm T0

I did wonder about my nozzles as all of my problems with the harrier started since I changed my T16000 Hotas to a X56 Hotas. I am having all sorts of problems with ghost inputs from the X56 so wouldn't be surprised if it has adjusted the nozzle angle.

I have the TDC option unticked as described here:

As I understand and this seems to work for me, I have to at least once pressing and releasing the TDS depress to create the designation. As for the need of the UFC. I don't think you need it, if you just want to use T0. This is set automatically. I think the UFC options are there to create a (target) point 1 - x on the designated coordinates.

Nozzle selection is on two buttons and I make sure they are set to 0° before switching HUD mode from VTOL to NAV mode.

Pleased to say I have managed to drop some bombs. I have an X56 and I had set the nozzle angle on the top rotary dial on the throttle and what I think may have been happening is that I was accidently moving the dial very slightly and I assume if the nozzles are not completely retracted the bombs will not release?

The other thing I have changed is when I was holding the WP Inc button to set T0 I was typing in 0 and pressing Enter on the UFC. I have now stopped doing this.

It doesnt work every time but previously I could not drop any bombs where last night out of 10 attempts the bombs released 8 times. I am going to try moving the nozzle angle to the rotary dial on the underside of the throttle which is hopefully not as prone to me accidently adjusting.

• Like 1

Thanks for the headsup.

Razbam stated on discord that 0° restriction for weapon employment is a hard limit in DCS Harrier but not to the fully extend irl. Hopefully all the issues and quirks will get sorted out later this year.