CTD in Mission Editor

cailean_556

I've been having some *consistently inconsistent* CTDs while working in the Mission Editor. Sometimes it doesn't happen. Sometimes it'll happen once or twice. Sometimes it will be consistently reproducible.

My most recent log (this morning) doesn't seem to have logged the crash, however the crashes I was experiencing last night (which cost me a couple hours of work...yes, I should have saved more - I get on a roll and that's it, I'm off and racing...) were.

Anyway, the main culprit seems to be either trying to delete, or overwrite, text in a cloned 'Message to Group' (in my particular case) action when setting a trigger (for dialogue once the trigger is set). I have cloned and edited countless 'Message to Group', however I have also sometimes very reliably been able to reproduce a CTD when highlighting, and trying to overwrite or delete text - or when copying text from one to another, or when copying text from an external program (such as Excel - which I use to track the script and voice lines for a campaign).

I've sent my logs through via the automated system native to DCS, however when looking through the logs myself, I came across something I've seen in another game and I wanted clarity on what it means (Bold and underlined).

2024-02-05 19:57:19.846 INFO    EDCORE (Main): # C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION at 00007ff8ba9f3ad8 00:00000000

The data either side I have no idea what it means, but I've seen this "Access Violation" message come up before when ARK: Survival Ascended has CTD'd (RANDOM_ACCESS_VIOLATION). From what has been very unreliably explained to me, the game is trying to do something the GPU either won't let it, or it can't do.

What is the case in the context of DCS? I was in the mission editor, trying to delete, overwrite or modify text in a 'Message to Group' text box when these CTDs have occurred. Nothing overly graphical going on. Could you please explain to me what either DCS or my computer are trying to do/not doing when this is occurring and if it is my computer, and not DCS, what I need to do to ensure this doesn't continue?

Most recent log is included - does not address (going by time-stamp) my CTDs this morning, but appears to log the CTD that occurred last night.

Thank you in advance for any explanation/guidance.

dcs.log

Hi,

You have the dxgui.dll phenomenon of the last two beta releases.

Even though I have a 101% stable PC and no mod, I'm not the only one who crashes DCS with this error.

Note: You're using an old Nvidia driver, but it doesn't affect stability.

🖥️MSI PRO Z690-A DDR4, Kingston 3600 MHz 64 Gb, i5 12600K, Gigabyte RTX 4090, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus,🕹️VKB NXT Premium.