NAV/FLIR brightness bug

Lisovsky
Go to solution Solved by Ramsay,

I can’t adjust the brightness and contrast of the navflir container. A "smooth" change in brightness and contrast only results in maximum or zero brightness. The video image does not appear on the HUD at all...

image.jpeg

Edited by Lisovsky

2 hours ago, Lisovsky said:

I can’t adjust the brightness and contrast of the navflir container. A "smooth" change in brightness and contrast only results in maximum or zero brightness. The video image does not appear on the HUD at all...

Can't reproduce your problem.

Screen_240209_145439.jpg

Tested Caucasus map, Open Beta 2.9.2.49940

Short track attached to check on your own PC, if you still have issues, please attach a short track and dcs.log file.

F-15E NavFLIR Test, Senaki.trk

Edited by Ramsay
  • Like 1

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

20 часов назад, Ramsay сказал:

Can't reproduce your problem.

Screen_240209_145439.jpg

Tested Caucasus map, Open Beta 2.9.2.49940

Short track attached to check on your own PC, if you still have issues, please attach a short track and dcs.log file.

F-15E NavFLIR Test, Senaki.trk 4.5 \u041c\u0411 · 2 загрузки

FLIRBUG.trk

I tried many options, but I couldn’t get acceptable brightness...

• Solution
2 hours ago, Lisovsky said:

I tried many options, but I couldn’t get acceptable brightness...

Took me a while to workout what I "think" is going on ...

Screen_240210_142001.jpg
• Strangely the mission has "no weather" set (usually seen in older missions that haven't been updated), which means the night sky (stars/moon and clouds) aren't rendered and (some?) ambient lighting effects get broken.
• Spawning directly on the runway at Batumi doesn't give many visual clues
• It takes a while (time acceleration) for the NavFLIR to oversaturate.
• Gamma=3.5, SSS, SSLR and SSAO don't help but aren't the root cause, rather it seems to mainly be the missing weather and poor location.

Screen_240210_142034.jpg

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

As far as I understand, the cause was the floodlights on the runway. When the plane moves forward a little, it is possible to adjust the brightness to an acceptable value. In fact, the problem is solved. And thanks for the help.

• Like 1