Cloudshift and sunlight

A thing that annoys me quite a while now is cloud shifting and the effect it has on overall lighting.
The effect is not always the same. The result of the cloud shift might be brighter (even a lot brighter than in the video) or a lot less bright or darker or sometimes in stages when more than one cloud shift happens.

The next video says it all: the cloud shift happens at 0:19 in the video (just after the nose wheel lifts) when all of a sudden the entire area is a lot brighter lit by the sun.

Edited by Lange_666

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

As someone who walks a lot of fields every summer I can tell you that IRL it has scared the crap out of me more than once when a cloud moved in the wind and suddenly everything got very dark (relatively speaking on a bright sunny day).  So if anything it didn't get bright enough when the cloud moved.  If you were meaning that the whole world suddenly changed rather than just from that line forward (so if you look back it also brighter now) then I agree that would be a nice improvement.

Yes but then you would see the shadows created by the cloud move rapidly as the cloud passes in front of the sun.
Here it's like an extra cloud layer is added or shifted at once. This is visible to the left of the HUD when it happens.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!