Trim?

nima2014

Am I the only one whose Force Trim is not working at all? I’ve cleared the old binding (even though it was the right one & survived the update) and made it new. But neither the stick, nor the pedals stay in place where I want them to be. Checked the controls indicator and voilà, the white diamond stays centered. If I move the trim hat, the stick and the indicator are moving accordingly but with the force trim button it is not. 

I’ve bound the Trim button only to the pilot section as the Copilot doesn’t have that binding. 

any ideas what’s wrong?! 

Edited by nima2014

3 hours ago, Kinkkujuustovoileipä said:

Which trim option are you using in the Gazelle module settings?

I tried all three of them and now it is set to my personal default setting “center position”

Edited by nima2014

1 hour ago, Kinkkujuustovoileipä said:

And the Force Trim still doesn't work?

Do you have Force Feedback enabled in the module settings?

Found the issue! It was a binding concerning the magnetic brake….so no brake, no trim…..easy as that 🙈🙉🙊

Thanks for your help 🍀

• Like 1

I'm just learning the Gazelle and since the manual doesn't say it explicitly (which may mislead newcomers), here's how it seems to work:

1. Magnetic brake off ("DEBR. EFF." switch down) = no way of trimming at all and "TRIM" switch position doesn't matter.
2. Only the magnetic brake on = only force trim available, click the button on the cyclic and the latter gets held in its current position (of course with a limited force, so you can still move the stick around).
3. Both magnetic brake on and "TRIM" switch up = force trim works and trim hat works, use either as you deem neccessary.

i7-8700K 32GB 2060(6GB) 27"@1080p TM Hawg HOTAS TPR TIR5 SD-XL 2xSD+ HC Bravo button/pot box