Quest 3 problems. Please help

hidet

I have a quest 3. I use it with the official link cable on dcs.

Bare with me as this is alot of info.

Computer specs:

I9-14900kf 64gb ddr5 6000 ram Rtx 3080 10gb card 2tb wd black nvme drive

Setting are as follows:

Asynchronous space warp off in oculus debug tool Fov set to .85 in each eye

Running openxr with turbo on usually

Quest set to default resolution at 90hz

In game strings sharpness set all the way to 1.

Shadows off or flat only depending on what I'm flying. Textures and view distance set to high

I get a solid 90fps usually.. but at times I'll notice a dip in performance..

When that happens, I'll exit the game. The performance issues persist, and there is noticeable lag when moving my head around.. also in the corner of my vision it looks like I have fiveated rendering on maximum overdrive.. the vision is really pixelated at the edges  https://vidmate.bid/  .

After choosing disconnect quest link, and going back in..the lag and pixelation go away.. I've been struggling with this for a while now and am about to tear out what's left of my hair..

I dont really play any other games on pc.. so I can't tell if it's my computer, the quest or the game.

Anyone seen these symptoms?

Edited by hidet

You'll have better luck posting this in the VR subforum:
https://forum.dcs.world/forum/302-virtual-reality/

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

On 2/28/2024 at 4:23 AM, hidet said:

I have a quest 3. I use it with the official link cable on dcs.

Bare with me as this is alot of info.

Computer specs:

I9-14900kf 64gb ddr5 6000 ram Rtx 3080 10gb card 2tb wd black nvme drive

Setting are as follows:

Asynchronous space warp off in oculus debug tool Fov set to .85 in each eye

Running openxr with turbo on usually

Quest set to default resolution at 90hz

In game strings sharpness set all the way to 1.

Shadows off or flat only depending on what I'm flying. Textures and view distance set to high

I get a solid 90fps usually.. but at times I'll notice a dip in performance..

When that happens, I'll exit the game. The performance issues persist, and there is noticeable lag when moving my head around.. also in the corner of my vision it looks like I have fiveated rendering on maximum overdrive.. the vision is really pixelated at the edges.

After choosing disconnect quest link, and going back in..the lag and pixelation go away.. I've been struggling with this for a while now and am about to tear out what's left of my hair..

I dont really play any other games on pc.. so I can't tell if it's my computer, the quest or the game.

Anyone seen these symptoms?

Have you tried 60Hz??........My Reverb G2 is capable of 90 Hz but running it at that gives similar problem as above

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz   Turbo 5.1 GHz, Asus Prime Motherboard B460M-A, Nvidia Geoforce RTX4090, 64gB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR 3600Mhz,Windows 10 Pro Reverb G2V2