Trigger Conditions and Actions to improve M.E.

michelip

I would like to present E.D. with sensible ideas to add to or improve M.E. triggering.
If you have suggestions, please state them clearly and give an example of how they would work:

E.g. 1: Conditions able to trigger multiple actions at specified intervals without needing the repetition of multiple Flags.
Example: Condition:Enemy ground target "A" receives hits. Action 1: Target "A" explodes. Action 2:  10 seconds later   Target "B" emits smoke and fire. Action 3: 15 seconds later.   Target "C" emits smoke
E.g. 2:  Add an Action to allow aircraft and moving ground or sea targets to trail smoke upon being damaged with a choice of light or heavy smoke intensity. Example: Condition: Enemy aircraft receives 15 hits. Action one : Emits light smoke from area of strikes. Action two: 5 seconds later explodes.
Looking forward to reading your ideas and comments.
Regards,Mich

You can use "time since flag" to get what you want.

So for example 1, Target A is hit > flag A on, then flag A = true > explode Target A, time since A = 10 > smoke on B, time since A = 15 smoke on C.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

I used exactly what Exorcet suggested recently to simulate a delayed secondary explosion from a hit on a bomb making factory (initial explosion from dropped bomb, then slightly delayed and bigger secondary explosion to simulate the explosives in the factory going off).  Worked really well.

• Like 1