VFX grip buttons not working

Hello.

After 2 months not playing DCS, i decided to play today but none of my VFX grip buttons were working. Only axes are ok. Whay happened since my last play? 🤔 I tried to update the firmware but it freezed during the process. FYI i use it on a Warthog base and worked perfectly since.

Any help or hint is welcome! Thanks by advance.

Edited by Maillekeul

You can't program any buttons?

• Intel I5 13600k / AsRock Z790 Steel Legend / Gigabyte RTX3060ti OC 8Gb / Kingston Fury DDR5 5600 64Gb / Adata 960 Max / HP Reverb G2 v2
  • Virpil MT50 Mongoost T50cm Stick, T50 Throttle,  ACE Interceptor Rudder Pedals / WinWing Orion2  18, 18 UFC&HUD / Thrustmaster MFD Cougar / Logitech Flight Panel / VKB SEM V  / DIY Button Box

image.png

4 minutes ago, Nightdare said:

You can't program any buttons?

Nope. In the VPC configuration tool, no response from any button, like they are not working. And it freezes on step 1 during firmware update. It was working fine during last use. I don't get it...

Hmm, had no problem flashing my VFX switching from the Mongoost grip

BTW, do you mean the firmware update

image.png.

or the device update

image.png

• Intel I5 13600k / AsRock Z790 Steel Legend / Gigabyte RTX3060ti OC 8Gb / Kingston Fury DDR5 5600 64Gb / Adata 960 Max / HP Reverb G2 v2
  • Virpil MT50 Mongoost T50cm Stick, T50 Throttle,  ACE Interceptor Rudder Pedals / WinWing Orion2  18, 18 UFC&HUD / Thrustmaster MFD Cougar / Logitech Flight Panel / VKB SEM V  / DIY Button Box

image.png

13 hours ago, Maillekeul said:

After 2 months not playing DCS, i decided to play today but none of my VFX grip buttons were working. Only axes are ok. Whay happened since my last play? 🤔 I tried to update the firmware but it freezed during the process. FYI i use it on a Warthog base and worked perfectly since.

Pretty sure virpil configurator does not work with warthog bases so you can update firmware of this base there. If you have a virpil base then test the VFX on that base. If you don't have such a base then make sure no pins in the grip's plug are bent or broken.

EDIT: I took my warthog from the basement and checked my alpha with warthog base. No buttons are registered in VPC configurator.
You need to open vpc joy tester and test buttons there.

Edited by Qsenox

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Nightdare said:

Hmm, had no problem flashing my VFX switching from the Mongoost grip

BTW, do you mean the firmware update

image.png.

Yes this one.

7 hours ago, Qsenox said:

Pretty sure virpil configurator does not work with warthog bases so you can update firmware of this base there. If you have a virpil base then test the VFX on that base. If you don't have such a base then make sure no pins in the grip's plug are bent or broken.

EDIT: I took my warthog from the basement and checked my alpha with warthog base. No buttons are registered in VPC configurator.
You need to open vpc joy tester and test buttons there.

It was working 2 months ago! Pins are all ok.

I could even test the buttons with the Thrustmaster TARGET and today, nothing. It sees the base but not the grip buttons. I really wonder what happened during this time!

Edited by Maillekeul

Had the same issue with the DLC/Countermeasures button while setting up my VFX this evening after a several month hiatus.

I went into the controllers menu (in your second screenshot above) and reset my base to default.

After that was able to create a new profile in the VPC Software and the button worked again.

Hope you get it sorted

Oh hell, let's go nuts. Swords for forty eight thousand

31 minutes ago, Turd Ferguson said:

Had the same issue with the DLC/Countermeasures button while setting up my VFX this evening after a several month hiatus.

I went into the controllers menu (in your second screenshot above) and reset my base to default.

After that was able to create a new profile in the VPC Software and the button worked again.

Hope you get it sorted

Thanks for your tip. If you look closer on that screenshot, on the upper left, you can see the base is not recdognized.

Looks like Windows recognises it though so could try to reset to default. Is the base connected to the motherboard or a usb hub?

Probably a long shot but are you able to create a new profile for it? At least then you'll get the option to select your base and grip which may kick it into life

Oh hell, let's go nuts. Swords for forty eight thousand

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Turd Ferguson said:

Looks like Windows recognises it though so could try to reset to default. Is the base connected to the motherboard or a usb hub?

Probably a long shot but are you able to create a new profile for it? At least then you'll get the option to select your base and grip which may kick it into life

Connected to a usb hub but i plugged it into a single usb after unplugging all the usb wires and rebooting the computer, still the same.

I'm unable to create a new profile. Tomorrow, i will unscrew the base and see if it is guilty. Hope my ordered WarBrd base will arrive soon.

Edited by Maillekeul