Lights for FARP

Landing at FARP at night or very poor weather is really hard or almost impossible as there's no mechanic for setting up some lights for helping approach.

Even spotting a FARP is really hard and sometimes requires a lot of circling and if you are not in exact place, it's impossible to found.

If not automated, at least by contacting FARP via ATC menu, there should be option for some guidance lights.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Usagi said:

Landing at FARP at night or very poor weather is really hard or almost impossible as there's no mechanic for setting up some lights for helping approach.

Even spotting a FARP is really hard and sometimes requires a lot of circling and if you are not in exact place, it's impossible to found.

If not automated, at least by contacting FARP via ATC menu, there should be option for some guidance lights.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My skins

The solution proposed in the video is not good enough honestly.

Adding some "proper" light objects is not that much effort for ED and would really help mission designers. Not just lights for FARPs, but all kinds of light source objects. DCS WWII would also really benefit from some era appropriate illumination.

Edited by twistking
  • Like 3

Yesterday I flew randomly at Sinai map and found these helipads - with lights!

So some civilian pads has lights, at least at Sinai map (I don't know are these more common assets).

Screen_240307_224136.png

Screen_240307_224338.png

On 3/7/2024 at 7:20 AM, twistking said:

The solution proposed in the video is not good enough honestly.

Adding some "proper" light objects is not that much effort for ED and would really help mission designers. Not just lights for FARPs, but all kinds of light source objects. DCS WWII would also really benefit from some era appropriate illumination.

Placeable light objects are something I've found myself wanting as well. The best that can be done currently is to place the one or two vehicles with illuminating headlights as lights, or to use illumination flares. Both have issues though.

For helipads though, there should be lights built in with the option to turn them on or off, it would save on the object count in missions and mean we only need to place the helipad and not many lights (though if the helipad lights were toggable, they could be toggled off and lights could be placed if the mission maker so wanted).

• Like 2

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files