Programming the PTO2 light logic

Hayrake YE-ZB

Hi there,

Is there a guide or video that shows how to set up the light feedback on the PTO2 controller? It works beautifully out of the box with the F18, but I’m trying to get the master caution light, and the landing gear position lights, and the gear and hook transition lights to work with other aircraft. 

I’ve read the SimappPro guide, and don’t quite see where to start.

Any help would be appreciated.

Currently The F-18 is the only aircraft to have the capability

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

This is a current ability of SimApp Pro using the provided `C:\Program Files (x86)\SimAppPro\resources\app.asar.unpacked\dcs_event_bind_config.js` file, you can define your own aircraft profiles (In a json dictonary, but there is an example of the F18 and other planes that work), Attached are images of a JF-17 using custom lights and the F18 profile.

You can extend this to work with any plane and any light value 

You will need to look in the game files of the module to determine the value for `dcs_id` as this is the argument number for the module. Example, dcs_id 376 controls the APU light in the hornet. You can find these values in "<DCS_INSTALL>/Mods/aircraft/FA-18C/Cockpit/Scripts/MainPanel/lamps.lua"

Other modules will have similar files to get the light values needed for the `dcs_event_bind_config.js`nullnull

image.png

image.png

image.png

Edited by prestonflying
  • Like 1

I had a chance to test this a bit... adding additional aircraft shouldn't be too difficult, but for those using the universal UFC mod the PTO, etc. functions will sadly be disabled (or not work correctly) as the universal UFC project currently mimics the F18, and thus all the PTO lights follow the F18 logic too. 

I was really hoping we could have our cake and eat it too, but no so at the moment. Perhaps in the future with some more investigation. 

Edited by ANDR0ID
  • Thanks 1