CESAR in Caucasus - Helicopter Combat Rescue (C-SAR) Sandbox [all helicopters]

CESAR IN CAUCASUS

"Et tu, Angele?"

Version 1.1h - 20240323

Download: here (ED User files)

Helicopter Combat Rescue (C-SAR) Sandbox [1-20 Players]
===========================================

image.png

You are a "Battle Angel", a member of Blue's elite Helicopter Combat Rescue Team "Cesar". The battle for control of Mineralnye Vody has turned into a prolonged aerial conflict. 

You are tasked with retrieving downed pilots north of 'Cesar Ridge' and return them to a Field Hospital inside the safe zone (marked by red smoke). Expect opposition forces to be around that are searching for pilots, so perhaps bring a friend in a gunship.

Pearly Gates, your command authority, is in contact with all downed pilots. They provide you with an updated list of all pilots requesting extraction and can vector you to evacuees. All evacuees have an ELT that you can use to home in on; Pearly Gates has their frequency.

Once you get close enough, the pilot on the ground contacts you and pops smoke. Land close enough to pick them up; have your gunners ready to defend against approaching forces, especially on egress. If you can't land, or prefer to hover to defend, you can winch rescue the evacuee (this is automatically initiated by your chief)

WARNING:
Be advised that as soon as you can see the smoke, so does the enemy. Expect that you have some two minutes from the moment that your evacuee pops smoke until your LZ becomes hot. Since there are enemy forces actively looking for downed pilots, expect enemy fire on ingress and egress.

The entire area north of Cesar Ridge is contested, with lightly armed patrols roving the area, looking for downed pilots - expect enemy contact once you are clear of the ridge.

WARNING:
The area north of the yellow "barbed wire" line (marked "--X--X--" on the map) is exceedingly dangerous and only suited for experienced pilots and should best be entered with a support ship.

image.png

Mineralnye Vody's airfield is in Redfor's hands and actively reinforced, The area around the airfield is expected to be patrolled. Only approach the airfield if absolutely required. Attacking the airfield's defenses is outside the scope of your operational parameters and a sure way to attract superior retribution force.

So, fly low, fly fast, and make sure the tree-tops are above you. 

And come back alive, Angel!

---

FRQ: FARP London 225.0 MHz
Weather: CAVOK, light winds

Notes: 

• If you also have one of the other "Battle Angels" missions and persistence is enabled, the missions share player's accomplishments.
  • If run on a server, this mission auto-restarts every 8 hours. It's an endless C-SAR sandbox mission
  • This mission can persist all your accomplishments (landings, time, rescues) per airframe if you have persistence enabled (this requires that your DCS is 'de-sanitized').
  • When run on a server, install 'stopGap GUI' on the server to allow static scenery occupy open player slots.
  • If you are a fan of the Blackhawk, you can add it to the mission and it is immediately supported.

Acknowledgements

• Voice acting by ElevenLabs
  • Mission by cfrag
  • Created with love and DML
  • Uses StopGap

Enjoy,

-ch

Edited by cfrag
  • Like 2

Version 1.1 - 20240323

Update fixes a small bug that could lead to issues should you kill elements of an enemy search party before the evacuee pops smoke.

• Like 1

Version 1.1h - 20240323

Another update for the same rare error that seems to crop up but I can't reproduce. I hardened the code surrounding the call that fails with an error note.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, greyeagle787 said:

Are there others?

Ah, that was a bit premature I guess. But there probably will be - I'm looking at some free time over Easter... 🙂  

Just a thought as I've never done this before with someone else's mission. But is it possible to make one of the other Huey's into a wingman? Would I have to create a route, etc or can I add him to my flight/group? As there  is no set route. Thanks!

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, greyeagle787 said:

But is it possible to make one of the other Huey's into a wingman?

Not one of the other Hueys that already exist, but you could edit one flight (group), and increase the number of ships in the group to two. Make sure to 

• set the skill of the added ship to anything but player or client
  • make it take off from one of the "Misc" helo pads or remove one of the existing players to make space. If you play single-player there are enough pads to choose from. If you play MP, stopGap will crash multiple helicopters occupying the same location.

You wingman should follow you, and since you don't follow waypoint, he won't either.

Caveat emptor: I don't know how the scripts react to multi-ship groups with AI; you'll have to find out.

Edited by cfrag

• 2 weeks later...

Cfag great missions mate our group is loving it.

I have a question how do I hide the units and smoke markers showing on the F10 map, I cant seems to find them when trying to edit the mission, I have hidden all the Farp assets and no essential items (which is how our guys like the map to look) but just cant find those items I mentioned.

Also do new rescue missions auto generate like your Angels missions. ??

Cheers

8 hours ago, Hotdognz said:

how do I hide the units and smoke markers showing on the F10 map

I guess the easiest way is to go into mission options and set F10 View options to 'my aircraft' - it's currently set to Fog of War.

image.png

8 hours ago, Hotdognz said:

Also do new rescue missions auto generate like your Angels missions. ??

Yes, and separately for the low-intensity and high-intensity regions.