Bug: When a backseater enters a players aircraft (or helo) the event S_EVENT_PLAYER_ENTER_UNIT doesn't fire on the server but when they leave S_EVENT_PLAYER_LEAVE_UNIT does fire.

I have the following events handled (amongst all the others)

S_EVENT_PLAYER_ENTER_UNIT

S_EVENT_PLAYER_LEAVE_UNIT

When I enter the F14, I see a S_EVENT_BIRTH followed by a S_EVENT_PLAYER_ENTER_UNIT.

Then I ask my RIO to join in, I get the on-screen allow someone to join dialog (would be nice if this could have a keybinding as finding the mouse pointer esp in VR is a pita) and then I click allow... 

After a few seconds I get the blue banner saying my RIO has joined, and he confirms he's in the back.

Yet NO events fire. Nothing.

But when he jumps out, I get the expected S_EVENT_PLAYER_LEAVE_UNIT to fire.

Obviously I can't give you a track or anything because you need two people and a multi-crew aircraft to do this, but it's a simple test. 

Without the S_EVENT_PLAYER_ENTER_UNIT event firing then it's impossible for my Player Manager to work out that they are a backseater and set things up accordingly.

Its related to how events are used. This specific event will not be addressed, I hope they create a new one, but alas scripting priorities seem to exist in peaks and valleys and we seem to be in Kansas. It is not a new issue.

I believe I've explained it in some of the other threads, so I will be brief. All of the events are used by the game to tell other parts of the game something happened. You can think of most events as a "global" event that occurs for every single player in the mission. shot, dead, crash, birth, etc. There are some events that are "local" to your game and only occur when you do something. Other clients, and the server, don't get told about it via the events. Your friend should have the player_enter_unit event in their debrief.log while you won't see it. The fact that some are local was not clearly indicated. 

• Thanks 1

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum