Oculus/Quest

Nruff

Just wondered if you guys had any idea if theres a vr hotfix coming anytime soon? As everyone on Oculus/Quest has had version 63 forced upon them which is incompatible with DCS 😞

25 minutes ago, WinOrLose said:

I'm still on 62 and I mine still crashes?

Beta turned off as well.

Headset on V62 or on your computer?  It had been the computer part that was the most important.  Are you crashing when you get to the 15 years splash screen?

1 minute ago, rob10 said:

Headset on V62 or on your computer?  It had been the computer part that was the most important.  Are you crashing when you get to the 15 years splash screen?

V62 on headset and V63 on computer. I dont get to the splash screen.

1 minute ago, WinOrLose said:

V62 on headset and V63 on computer. I dont get to the splash screen.

V63 on the computer is what's screwing you.  By the splash screen I just mean the picture that comes up with "15 years of DCS" logo after it does it's authorization stuff.  That's the typical symptom, if you're not getting there it could be something else, but if you're V63 on the computer that's 99% sure your problem.

Just now, rob10 said:

V63 on the computer is what's screwing you.  By the splash screen I just mean the picture that comes up with "15 years of DCS" logo after it does it's authorization stuff.  That's the typical symptom, if you're not getting there it could be something else, but if you're V63 on the computer that's 99% sure your problem.

Cheers - reading a few posts it looks like there is no fix and I need to wait for a DCS hot fix?

19 minutes ago, rob10 said:

This thread has some workarounds.  I don't do VR so I can't comment on how they work.  No hotfix coming, fix will be in next patch (that's all explained in this thread too).

Thanks not on steam and dont use VD so wait for the next update looks like the fix.

Thanks for trying to help anyway.

9 hours ago, WinOrLose said:

Cheers - reading a few posts it looks like there is no fix and I need to wait for a DCS hot fix?

If you are v62 on the headset try updating to v63. I am running v63 on both headset and PC app and DCS runs fine. If you can't make it work as is then not much to lose by trying an upgrade. 

• Like 1

5800x3drtx407064Gb 3200: 1Tb NVME: Pico 4: Rift S: Quest Pro

3 hours ago, Qcumber said:

If you are v62 on the headset try updating to v63. I am running v63 on both headset and PC app and DCS runs fine. If you can't make it work as is then not much to lose by trying an upgrade. 

Thanks - I will give that a try.

Unfortunately still doesn't work.

I tried launching the game in flat mode and am also getting the crash. I have installed a new graphics card recently as well as the Oculus update, it could be just a coincidence but its difficult to isolate with the quest software being a known issue. The crash in pancake mode though makes me think it could be something else? 

Edited by WinOrLose

If your game is crashing in 2D mode then it got nothing to do with the Oculus V63 issue.

Is your new card using the latest drivers? Are temperatures normal? Is it getting enough juice from the PSU? 

11 minutes ago, diego999 said:

If your game is crashing in 2D mode then it got nothing to do with the Oculus V63 issue.

Is your new card using the latest drivers? Are temperatures normal? Is it getting enough juice from the PSU? 

Latest drivers.

temperatures ok. 

power ok.