Server not seen

Hi, today, I hosted a server for a mission for my mate and myself, we have done before with no issues. Today however, he was not able to find my server, either by name or by using the IP.......He could connect fine to other servers and I could connect to him if he hosted.........

What would cause that? 

Thanks

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

10 hours ago, markturner1960 said:

Hi, today, I hosted a server for a mission for my mate and myself, we have done before with no issues. Today however, he was not able to find my server, either by name or by using the IP.......He could connect fine to other servers and I could connect to him if he hosted.........

What would cause that? 

Thanks

A couple of things may have happened:

• Internal LAN IP address of your computer is changed, so your router is trying to forward incoming traffic on DCS port to another device.
  • Your computer now has a Firewall settings that is blocking DCS incoming traffic. ( I strongly recommend everyone to put the exception by manually add TCP and UDP port, and don't use program exception)
  • Your router doesn't have anymore the port forward rules. It may occurs ( especially if you're using the router provided by your ISP ) after some power loss/restore cycle, or remote update, that the router itself resets its own default settings, removing your manual port forward. Again... I strongly recommend to manually port forward rules on your router and don't relies on stupid things like uPNP.

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!