So many questions.

First, Rig strix b550 motherboard,  ryzen 5 3600 CPU, 32G of Corsair 3600 ram, RTX3060 12g GPU. All of this is clocked to the maximum reliable level in the bios. Except the GPU of course. 

I have been trying to get a smoother FPS with the Quest 3. I get about 35FPS. Is this kind of the standard I should expect with my setup? I found from my nvidia monitor that the game is using 100% of my GPU, 75% of my VRam, but plenty of head room for my CPU.  I can not remember the percentage of CPU usage because it was low enough that I dismissed it being a concern. 

I had MSI afterburner running but I found it wasn't helping and possibly hurting the FPS rate. Is this normal? 

Playing with in game setting seemed to have very little impact one way or the other on performance. Maybe a couple frames either way. 

I am not a PC literate person. I do not completely understand how everything interacts as well as many of you. I am told my ststem is pretty well balanced and I am contemplating installing 2 more matching ram sticks for a total of 64. 

I am willing to accept that I gave done absolutely everything wrong in setting things up to play the game. I do not really have expectations because that would require knowledge. But it would be nice if I could maintain a frame count reliable around 40 to 45. 

Also  I use oculus debugger only to disable ASW and tried to force 45fps. My headset is set to 90hz as this yielded the best results at a pixel setting of 1x. 

Any help would be appreciated. I was as clear and thorough as possible. 

You will find it difficult to run a Q3 on your setup without some serious compromise. It will be possible but you need to reduce your settings down to low or medium. Set the refresh to 72Hz and see if you can maintain 36/72fps with reprojection. You will likely need to use DLSS too. 

You could also try Quad Views Foveated Rendering which reduces the resolution around the periphery and might help boost performance. 

5800x3drtx407064Gb 3200: 1Tb NVME: Pico 4: Rift S: Quest Pro

1 hour ago, Qcumber said:

Set the refresh to 72Hz and see if you can maintain 36/72fps with reprojection.

The thing is,  I did try 72hz. 80hz, and 90hz. 90 offered the highest stable fps. I do realize this makes no sense. At least to me because I expected lower hz to offer better stability at the cost of eye candy. But it was completely opposite.  

The image on your 2D screen doesn't hurt VR performance. No worries about that.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!