Question regarding Reaper drone

Hi, I have inserted one of these into a mission, loaded with hellfires and set it as ROE weapons free......it does not seem to engage anything, is there a trick to getting it working? thanks

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

Spitballing here....does giving it an advanced waypoint command of engage group or unit have any effect?

I've always wondered if you could get a reaper to engage.  Great question!

System Specs:

Spoiler

💻Processor:13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K - 🧠RAM: 64GB - 🎥Video Card: NVIDIA RTX 4090 - 🥽 Display: Pimax 8kx VR Headset - 🕹️Accessories:  VKB Gunfighter III MCG Ultimate, Thrustmaster TWCS (modified), Thrustmaster TPR Pedals, Simshaker JetPad, Predator HOTAS Mounts, 3D Printed Flight Button Box 

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod

AI aircraft need waypoints and actions in those waypoints to function. If an AI has no waypoints or reaches the end of its waypoints, it will try to land at the closest non hostile airbase. You can find the actions by clicking ADVANCED (WAYPOINT ACTIONS) and adding them to the list. Some are added by default based on the TASK assigned to the AI.

image.png

image.png

The default CAS action is a way to get the AI to act, but I don't recommend it. Most of the default actions give you limited control over the how the AI acts and can make them do weird things.

Instead you can use tasks like Search Then Engage to give the AI a mission and better control how they operate by limited range of engagement, weapons used, targets assigned, etc. Keep in mind that the AI has to find a target before engaging. Detection abilities vary with different units. If the AI needs to search an area it helps to give it an Orbit waypoint action to make it fly around a specific waypoint or pair of waypoints.

This can be a lot to take in if you're new to the ME, but if you provide more details someone can set up an example for you easily. Or you can share a mission file and have someone add units to it.

• Thanks 1

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files