Not Possible To Hide Enemy Ground Units On F10 Map

Go to solution Solved by razo+r,

Salute

I am currently trying to build a multiplayer Tank v Tank only mission (no aircraft). The scenario is WWII in Normandy and has a "capture the flag" theme.

I have been stopped in my tracks (pun not intended) by the fact that no matter what I try with mission settings it seems it is not possible to prevent the enemy from being shown on the F10 map, a critical factor if trying to build this sort of scenario.

I have tried "Fog of War", "Allies Only", I have tried ticking the units as hidden on map, no matter what I seem to try, signing in as "game master" (what you have to do in order to be able to jump into a tank) seems to override these settings (am I correct? is that the only way? even ticking "player can drive" does not seem to help?)

This may be stretching what "Combined Arms" was intended for (I came to DCS from IL2 Tank Crew many moons ago and since have bought lots of maps and aircraft) and am trying to replicate a ground war.

Has anyone else been able to find a settings scenario that works? 

Is there any chance of a work-around / fix for this?

I love the quality of the maps when driving around by-the-way. If we can get this working it will be a game changer I am sure for anyone looking to play this type of scenario in DCS.

Visit the Dangerdogz at www.dangerdogz.com. We are a group based on having fun (no command structure, no expectations of attendance, no formal skills required, that is not to say we can not get serious for special events, of which we have many). We play DCS and IL2 GBS. We have two groups one based in North America / Canada and one UK / Europe. Come check us out. 

• Solution

A gamemaster sees everything regardless of setting. 

However, a tactical commander, which also capable of occupying ground units, will have his view limited based on the settings. 

• Thanks 1

@razo+r ah, that's interesting, I would never have considered that, thank you for the heads up. I will give it a try.

Visit the Dangerdogz at www.dangerdogz.com. We are a group based on having fun (no command structure, no expectations of attendance, no formal skills required, that is not to say we can not get serious for special events, of which we have many). We play DCS and IL2 GBS. We have two groups one based in North America / Canada and one UK / Europe. Come check us out. 

@razo+r - NAILED IT! - Thank you soooo much for this tip.  I had no idea about this role, it has been hiding in plain sight all this time.

• Like 1