Couple of basic questions

OJDee

Hi, just got the sim, loving it so far!

These may well have been answered in the months since Russian launch but I couldn't find any reference in my search.

Should I have a pilot in my cockpit view? There seems to be one in the Producer notes, but in game I never see one.

When I request a re-arm / change payload from my maintenance crew, they reply but then nothing seems to happen - is there a certain time I must wait, a certain place I need to be in airfield?

What is the reason for the majority of the campaigns being unavailable with Vista? Given that affinity tweak in Vista allows much greater performance on dual and quad core machines, I'd have thought that meant it was the preferred platform for this sim?

Hopefully these are simple and quick to answer, thanks if you can help.

Oli

Edited by OJDee
Additional question

Cheers

Oli

i7 930 @ 3.8 | GTX 285 | 6GB DDR3 | Win 7 64

On re-armament, I've never actually tried anything else but I've always assumed that I have to be at the parking area to get rearmed and refueled while on an aerodrome.

Are they responding with "Copy"?

No missions are unavailable in Vista. There was a problem in beta with a method Vista has for handling memory that caused issues in big missions, but it appears Microsoft solved it since the overwhelming majority has had no issues at all with them, including me. Upcoming patch removes that notice. (Did you try them? Then you'd have seen they weren't "unavailable".)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

....(Did you try them? Then you'd have seen they weren't "unavailable".)

No I didn't try them, just saw the warning and thought better of crashing my machine, but if its a remnant of beta that's all good, thanks!

Found keyswitch, thanks glottis.

Mmm, as far as re-arming in concerned, it seems a bit hit and miss, sometimes they say copy and sometimes they don't, have also had them say copy and not change payload.. weird, will have to give it a bit more time and see if I can reproduce.

Thanks all

Oli

Cheers

Oli

i7 930 @ 3.8 | GTX 285 | 6GB DDR3 | Win 7 64

If you have the door closed, you do switch the radio knob to Ground Crew, right?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

For rearming, if ground crew confirms, you just wait about a minute. Can use time-warp function if you want.

Rearming is possible while completely still on ground in the airport space (not necessary parking, just 150m from the center point).

To communicate with the ground crew you have to either:

- open the door, turn off ALL engines, stop the rotor and use the radio commands (which work as "shouting" in this case)

- switch the radio to ground crew channel (НОП on УКВ-2) and use the radio commands (which work as communicating over a headphone cable attached to the helicopter). The fun part is to try to lift off when you are in this mode, the ground crew dispatcher starts yelling "wtf you're doing man!" , because you are trying to lift him off by the headphone cable :)))

Edited by SSneg

If you live to fly again, it's a successful landing. The plane being able to fly again is just a bonus.

What is the reason for the majority of the campaigns being unavailable with Vista? Given that affinity tweak in Vista allows much greater performance on dual and quad core machines, I'd have thought that meant it was the preferred platform for this sim?

I've played the first and parts of the second oil war campaign and they worked fine.

I think ED had concerns due to some major issues that arose during beta testing but have not occurred in the final product, so just try them out, they will most likely work fine, although they are resource hungry because of many units being present.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!