View "locked" forward in VR

Greetings all.  Been flying DCS for over a year and went over to VR just before Christmas and I love it.  Never had a problem until the Meta v63 patch came out. (I have a Quest 3)  Like all the others, I waited for the past 2 months for the last update, but now every time I jump in any aircraft in any mission, my view is locked forward.

When in the hanger, on the menu screen, wherever, it works fine until I am actually in the cockpit.  I've read all the other threads about re-creating my boundary, turning on lights, et cetera, et cetera - no joy. Set my graphics setting to super low, nothing. Yes, I've re-booted everything, and even factory reset my Quest 3.

Spent a few hours each day trying to figure it out since the new patch on Wednesday...pretty frustrated by now, and this post is my last ditch effort.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 32 GB DDR5, 1 TB SSD, GeForce RTX 4080

Oculus Quest 3 VR, Winwing Top Gun MIP, Orion 2 18 Joystick Combo, Orion 2 F-18 Throttle Combo, PTO 2 Take-Off Panel, Skywalker Rudder Pedals

I boot up in the cockpit and look left, entire front-facing view looks left.  Doesn't matter which direction I turn my head, the forward-facing view of the cockpit follows my head movement.

Not the case in the hanger or menu before booting into a mission. Move my head left, and I look left, as it should work.

Oculus Quest 3 VR, Winwing Top Gun MIP, Orion 2 18 Joystick Combo, Orion 2 F-18 Throttle Combo, PTO 2 Take-Off Panel, Skywalker Rudder Pedals

Just now, AeroGrappler said:

I boot up in the cockpit and look left, entire front-facing view looks left.  Doesn't matter which direction I turn my head, the forward-facing view of the cockpit follows my head movement.

Not the case in the hanger or menu before booting into a mission. Move my head left, and I look left, as it should work.

That sounds like a tracking issue. But I would imagine factory reset would work. Strange that it is not in cockpit view and not in menus. What about in camera view? is that the same? 

5800x3drtx407064Gb 3200: 1Tb NVME: Pico 4: Rift S: Quest Pro

I'd sent a short recording but I literally only have a computer to fly in DCS and MSFS, so my noob @$$ would have to figure out how to do that, too lol

BTW, VR works perfectly in MSFS

Very strange.  Camera View?  Not sure what that is.  But yeah, works fine literally everywhere else but in the cockpit.

I'm thinking it's some simple setting that I'm missing.

Anyway, I'm out of time and I have to go adult now.  I'll check back when I can.  Thanks again for the help.

9 hours ago, AeroGrappler said:

Anyway, I'm out of time and I have to go adult now.  I'll check back when I can.  Thanks again for the help.

Try to see if there is enough light on room, and cameras are well cleaned,sometimes with a bad lighting the headset looses tracking...

Intel i9 10850k - MSI Tomahawk 490z - 64 GB DDR4 3000 - HP Reverb G2 - MSI optix Mag321curv 4k monitor - MSI RTX 3080ti - Winwing Orion Throttle base plus F18 stick

Well, fired her up this morning with the same lights on (all), but decided to wipe my lenses off real quick and it decided to work perfectly. I don't know.

Thanks for the help gents! 🙂

• Like 1