Анатолий Николаевич Квочур - Anatoly Nikolayevich Kvotchur

Today, Hero of Russia, Honored Test Pilot Anatoly Nikolaevich Kvochur passed away.
This thread is dedicated to his extraordinary life and the role he played in the advancement of Soviet and Russian aviation.

Anatoly Kvotchur was born on April 16, 1952 in the village of Mazurovka, Chernevets district, Vinnitsa region, Ukrainian SSR.
After graduating from school in 1969 in the village of Beryozovka, Chernevets district, he entered the Yeisk Higher Aviation School of Pilots. After graduating from college in 1973, he began serving as a pilot in the aviation units of the Air Force of the Group of Soviet Forces in Germany. In 1975 he entered the Test Pilot School, from which he graduated in 1978. In 1977, Anatoly Kvotchur was dismissed from the ranks of the USSR Armed Forces. Working in the aviation industry
From 1978 to 1981, he worked as a test pilot at an aircraft plant in Komsomolsk-on-Amur, where he tested production Su-17s and its modifications.
In 1981 he was transferred to the OKB named after A.I. Mikoyan. At the OKB, he participated in tests of the MiG-29 and MiG-31 aircraft, tests of air-to-air and air-to-surface missiles, tests of the MiG-29K carrier-based fighter, including studies of the systems of the aircraft carrier Admiral Kuznetsov (including . was the first to perform a night takeoff from the deck), as well as in testing the latest prototypes of MiG aircraft. Also in 1981, he graduated from the Moscow Aviation Institute.
In 1988, at the Farnborough Aviation Show (Great Britain), Kvotchur first showed an aerobatic maneuver - “The Bell”. On June 8, 1989, at the international air show in Le Bourget (France), during a demonstration flight on the newest Soviet fighter MiG-29, an engine surge occurred, causing the aircraft to stall near the ground. Kvotchur managed to eject from an extremely low altitude. A week later he continued flying. In August, he performed demonstration aerobatics on the MiG-29 in Abbotsford (Canada).
In 1991, Kvotchur went to work at the Flight Research Institute as a test pilot and then head of the ergonomics laboratory. 
In 1992, to carry out research programs on the design of cockpits and controls for maneuverable aircraft, satellite radio navigation, in-flight refueling, ultra-long-range non-stop flights, super-maneuverability and medicine, he created the aerobatic team “Test Pilots” (in 1996 it was transformed into the Flight Research Center) . In March 1995, he performed an ultra-long flight on a single-seat Su-27 fighter to Australia, and in July and September 1999, he flew over the North Pole along a closed route; he repeatedly performed ultra-long-range flights in a group of fighters lasting more than 10-11 hours with multiple refuelings in the air day and night, including over the ocean, from arctic to tropical latitudes.
Until the age of 65, he conducted flight tests on supersonic aircraft.
Kvotchur mastered and tested more than 90 types and modifications of aircraft, and in 2005 he set 11 world records on board the Su-27 . Its total flight time is about 4,800 hours, including over 3,000 hours of test flight time.

May he Rest in Peace🕯️ 🙏🏻

kvochur.jpg

Anatoly_Kvochur_famous_move.jpg

kvochur_02.jpg

1940098455_0_0_2585_2048_1440x900_80_1_1_3939f61e602e81c06520df97ff5021af.jpg

IMG_20240415_132612_995.png

Edited by Ronin_Gaijin
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Авиабаза 1521, Мары - Центр боевого применения | Airbase 1521, Mary - Combat Operations Center

Авиабаза_1521_Мары_logo_extra_sm.png

• Ronin_Gaijin changed the title to Анатолий Николаевич Квочур - Anatoly Nikolayevich Kvotchur

Светлая память..

Узнал об этом легендарном летчике из этого фильма:

• Like 4

Мой youtube канал Группа в VK 

IBM x3200 Tower, i7 9700k, Asus Z390-P, HyperX Fury DDR4 2x16Gb 3466 Mhz, HyperX Savage 480Gb SSD, Asus RTX3070 Dual OC 8G, 32" Asus PG329Q, Creative Sound Blaster AE-5, HyperX Cloud Alpha + Pulsefire FPS Pro + Alloy FPS brown, Track IR 4 PRO + Clip Pro, Warhog HOTAS + CH Pro Pedal + есть руль Logitech G25

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, SandMartin said:

Светлая память..

Узнал об этом легендарном летчике из этого фильма:

I learned about him from this book I bought when I was a kid.

Su-27_Skrynnikov.jpg

Su-27_Skrynnikov_02.jpg

Su-27_Skrynnikov_03.jpg

Edited by Ronin_Gaijin
  • Like 2

Авиабаза 1521, Мары - Центр боевого применения | Airbase 1521, Mary - Combat Operations Center

I once went to Klagenfurt (Austria) Air show in 1996. It was well after end of flying part of day one, very late afternoon, almost evening. We knew Kvochur was to perfrom next day, so some of us waited and waited....untill almost an hour there he came. Two ship formation, first one landed, but Anatoly's red-white-blue Gromov research institute Su-27 continued low level over the runway and gave us a short aerobatic-ballet dance. I have never seen such smooth flying, seemles transition from manouvre to manouvre, no effort, like he was not flying but wearing the Flanker...

To this day my hair stands up remembering that magnificiant sight we were given. Thank you Anatoly and calm skies....

48466_1083793836.jpg

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, dali said:

I once went to Klagenfurt (Austria) Air show in 1996. It was well after end of flying part of day one, very late afternoon, almost evening. We knew Kvochur was to perfrom next day, so some of us waited and waited....untill almost an hour there he came. Two ship formation, first one landed, but Anatoly's red-white-blue Gromov research institute Su-27 continued low level over the runway and gave us a short aerobatic-ballet dance. I have never seen such smooth flying, seemles transition from manouvre to manouvre, no effort, like he was not flying but wearing the Flanker...

To this day my hair stands up remembering that magnificiant sight we were given. Thank you Anatoly and calm skies....

48466_1083793836.jpg

Thank you for your story mate.
This is how we will all remember him.
He is now one with the sky as he always was.

Edited by Ronin_Gaijin
  • Like 1

Rest in piece my childhood hero, Anatoly Kvochur,the legendary pilot who originated the famous Kvochur Bell, he was in the very first original Su 27 Flanker game, featuring video of his flying of Su27, and oerforming also the famous Bell maneuver.

I only found out through tik tok he passed away 4 days ago.

To his memory i dedicate this page and hope someone finds original vid from Flanker and post it here. I cant as i am at work, plus down have the original game anymore

• Like 1

On 4/19/2024 at 6:57 AM, Kaktus said:

Rest in piece my childhood hero, Anatoly Kvochur,the legendary pilot who originated the famous Kvochur Bell, he was in the very first original Su 27 Flanker game, featuring video of his flying of Su27, and oerforming also the famous Bell maneuver.

I only found out through tik tok he passed away 4 days ago.

To his memory i dedicate this page and hope someone finds original vid from Flanker and post it here. I cant as i am at work, plus down have the original game anymore

He was our childhood hero and will always remain in our hearts.
*This is the footage from the game and his words on the cover.

Kvotchur_Flanker_1995.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Wow, thanks for the clip and the footage, .. insane, the memories.. i remember my friend used this prehistoric printer to print the end mission results (where each missile, plane kills is stamped out in detail and time. 

Wow, DCS you have come along way, but remember your roots-Su27 and one and only Kvochur. 

I wonder if the original game can be played somehow on today modern comps and win 11?

• Like 1

On 5/4/2024 at 6:39 PM, Harry.R said:

Late to learn this news as well. Only saw him once, at Boscombe down. He flew the approach alongside the airliner before pulling up and doing a short display having just flown in from Eastern Europe. Amazing to watch and a real display of piloting skills. RIP.

https://youtu.be/DiUH3aNPvjg?si=PRnz6elytsx7d4iO

Thank you for sharing your story and this short clip of this extraordinary man! 🙏

• Thanks 1