Kola Sandbox - 42 missions in 1

Posted (edited)

Hi all,

I uploaded my Kola Sandbox, a set of 42 slot based quick missions for 9 different aircraft

This sandbox is intended to give the players a set of 42 quick missions on the Kola map, to offer single- or multicrew players some quick fun.

In total there are 42 missions/slots available for Royal Norwegian Air Force, Swedish Air Force, Finnish Air Force, US Air Force, US Marine Corps and Russian Air Force.
These include:
Norway
7x F-16
3x F-5
Sweden
5x Viggen
Finland
7x F/A-18
3x MiG-21
USA
5x F-15E
3x AV-8B
Russia
3x MiG-21
3x MiG-29
3x Su-33

You will use air bases, road bases and carriers. You will intercept bombers, mingle with fighters, perform SEAD, conduct precision strikes with guided munitions, provide CAS with rockets, gunpods and dumb bombs and many more.

What is this sandbox? It is intended to be an easily accessible set of quick missions for players of all skill levels. It offers a variety of F10 radio options to adapt the difficulty, like adding additional SHORAD or numbing down S-300s.
Each of the 42 slots has a unique task assigned. To provide a care free experience, the fligtplan is set, all neccessery radio frequencies are set, loadout is selected, tankers are available. But of course you can always adapt all this to your personal liking.

The sandbox is also intended to be the user's personal Kola playing ground. You are a Hornet flyer and want to attack the target of Viper #4? Just grab it. You want to fly the JF-17 instead of the F-16? Just swap it.
Users can also add new aircraft slots, like super carrier with Tomcats to their liking. The manual provides all neccessary frequencies and a list of target coordinates for maximum variety.

Some highlights:
+  two versions of the mission - one with all aircraft (except for the Kuznetzov slots) set to cold start and one with all aircraft set to hot start.
+ Mission overview PDF with all relevant data
+ 14 page PDF manual
+ Enemy air assets that are slaved to a specific slot can be unlocked for any (added) aircraft via F10 options
+ various F10 options to set Red SAM behaviour

While this set is intended for the single player, it should work well when used as multiplayer as well.

Enjoy!

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3337377/

Kola Sandbox Header-1.jpg

Edited by Don Rudi
More detailed description added
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Modules: all, except for the Dora

My missions: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/filter/user-is-Don rudi/apply/

Primary system: i7-13700k, RTX 4080, 32 GB, Win 11, Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha with 5cm extension, Virpil CM2 throttle, Virpil Ace Interceptor pedals, Virpil Rotor TCS base + Blackshark grip, Winwing Triple MFD and ICP, 34" UWHQD screen
Acer Nitro i7-10700, RTX 3060, 64 GB, Virpiel Rotor TCS base + Blackhawk grip, Virpiel Ace Torq pedals, 34" UWHQD screen

+++ updated 13.05.24 +++

KC-130 tanker wrong callsign and TACAN channel: fixed

Modules: all, except for the Dora

My missions: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/filter/user-is-Don rudi/apply/

Primary system: i7-13700k, RTX 4080, 32 GB, Win 11, Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha with 5cm extension, Virpil CM2 throttle, Virpil Ace Interceptor pedals, Virpil Rotor TCS base + Blackshark grip, Winwing Triple MFD and ICP, 34" UWHQD screen
Acer Nitro i7-10700, RTX 3060, 64 GB, Virpiel Rotor TCS base + Blackhawk grip, Virpiel Ace Torq pedals, 34" UWHQD screen