Right Mouse Button Bug

Rex

Posted (edited)

I periodically get hit with a bug in the ME where the ME thinks the right mouse button is being held down, when it is not.  How do I know it's not a problem with the mouse?  Because I swap out mice and it doesn't change.  Also, if the right mouse button was stuck, I would have trouble doing most anything in Windows.

When this happens, I have to switch tasks and kill -9 the DCS task from the task manager.  I can't select menu items properly, but I CAN CTL+S, and the mouse briefly goes back to normal for about .5 seconds as the disk write is actually taking place.  Very strange.

As bugs go, it's perhaps the most uncommon one I've encountered.  Over the past 4 years, this bug has bitten me between 10-15 times, but it's not been frequent enough where I could spot a correlation with a particular action on my part.

Just FYI.

Edited by Rex

Rex's Rig

Intel i9-14900K | Nvidia RTX 4090 | 64GB DDR5 | 3x4TB 990 Pro M2 SSDs | HP Reverb 2 | 49" Samsung 5120x1440 @ 120Mhz

TM Warthog Stick + Throttle | TM Pendulum Pedals | MS Sidewinder 2 FFB | Track IR |  Cougar MFD x 2