Interlopers mission, Matrix join trigger doesnt work

CH4Pz

So i tried this one a couple times now, just to be sure, but even though Matrix actually joins, he never says "joining port" and so i get to WP1 and Ford says "i'll just wait for matrix" even though hes on my wing already

first attempt, once i get the right turnout, i started heading to WP1 and matrix was almost on my wing as i arrived, but no join call, i run a few laps with the viper to my right, but matrix was on my left, but mission doesnt progress.

second attempt, i thought i'll get him to join before i turn to WP1, which i did, but again, no join call, slowly came back to WP1, and again, he said i'll wait for matrix but he had been with me a while at this point, so mission hung again. On this attempt, after being told to line up and wait, i was waiting a fair while, several minutes, before being cleared for take off. Im wondering if this delay could be similar to the delay in buddy lazing in mission 01??

Or could it possibly be something from the update, broke the trigger?

Hi @CH4Pz

Could well be a bug from the update. That’s what they tend to do unfortunately. Could you send me the track please so I can check what’s happening. 
I will run it this end also. Are you running the MT version?

Thanks

F/A-18C Campaigns : The Serpent’s Head / The Serpent’s Head 2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

15 minutes ago, Badger633 said:

Hi @CH4Pz

Could well be a bug from the update. That’s what they tend to do unfortunately. Could you send me the track please so I can check what’s happening. 
I will run it this end also. Are you running the MT version?

Thanks

Yep im on MT, will grab a track soon

Hi @CH4Pz

Thanks for the track.

The original issue is when you turned onto the runway you need to go a little further up the runway. Over the numbers will be fine, in the track you were still on the first set of the piano keys. That's why you were delayed and this doesn't help with the mission timings. 
I know you were doing this as a test but not going to WP1 when directed means you will not get the frequency change to Strike and without this Matrix will not call  in formation and cause a problem with the mission progressing.

I have just flown the mission and it worked fine. I have sent you a DM.

Hope this helps

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

Just done today this mission.

In my first attempt I had the same issue ( no call ) only to discover that I don't switched primary radio freq from Incirlik

( Prim 1) to Strike ( Prime 3) . After this all worked perfectly

Edited by Kurnass1977

Hi @Kurnass1977

Yes this is probably why @CH4Pz had some difficulty. 

It is set like this on the assumption that Matrix has also switched to Strikes frequency. So Ford would not be able to hear him call in formation if he was still on Incirlik Frequency. Ford has to change frequency to Strike as instructed. This applies throughout the campaign.

Cheers

10 ore fa, Badger633 ha scritto:

Hi @Kurnass1977

Yes this is probably why @CH4Pz had some difficulty. 

It is set like this on the assumption that Matrix has also switched to Strikes frequency. So Ford would not be able to hear him call in formation if he was still on Incirlik Frequency. Ford has to change frequency to Strike as instructed. This applies throughout the campaign.

Cheers

In fact in my failed try I circled over WP1 in formation with Matrix and Joining Pala without comms; at first thinke as a possible issue like in M01 but checking the kneeboard I discovered my error about the correct freq and switched to the correct onr and at this point reiceved the call from wingy and the F-16 but was down to 7000lbs of fuel and without tanker decided to restart the mission and finished normally-

Decided to intervene because the OP don't mentioned nothing 'bout the radios and thinked as a possible cause as was for me

@Kurnass1977 OP? What is this. 

1 hour ago, Badger633 said:

@Kurnass1977 OP? What is this. 

This is an old forum terminology, meaning Original Poster, as in, the person who started the thread...

oh, that makes sense, on my second an third attempts, i started rolling forward an i guess thats when i get the clear, guess i didnt think would be linked to the radios though. DCS is a complex mistress, thats for sure. Will try again

@CH4Pz OP , not heard that one, you learn something new every day 🙂

The message to take off is a simple zone thing you just need to be over the numbers , will probably change this to account for just being on the  piano keys. 

The radio thing, as I have explained is that by the time matrix joins you you would have been asked to change radios to Strike. So matrix will also be on Strike so if you have not changed as instructed you will not hear  his formation message which then stalls things.

Cheers, all should go well next time. 

Just now, Badger633 said:

@CH4Pz OP , not heard that one, you learn something new every day 🙂

The message to take off is a simple zone thing you just need to be over the numbers , will probably change this to account for just being on the  piano keys. 

The radio thing, as I have explained is that by the time matrix joins you you would have been asked to change radios to Strike. So matrix will also be on Strike so if you have not changed as instructed you will not hear  his formation message which then stalls things.

Cheers, all should go well next time. 

Yeh all worked this time, the first attempt i did just turn to WP1 when told, but never got the change to strike, who knows maybe i just missed the trigger or something. Thanks man

• Thanks 1