How Do You Make Stored Targets PrePoint?

Fakum

For example, I have made (3) Target points via MMS / Target designate / Store. I am trying to find the way to make them prepoint. I have watched Casmo’s MMS & Navigation Vids a few times over. I see where it can be done by entering the coordinates manually, but why do you have to do that when you already have it stored? I presume there is a way. I went through the manual, especially the “How Too” section in the end, but didn’t get anything out of it.

null

image.png

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

In the prepoint mode of the MMS hit the prepoint button (R2 I think, not in front of my PC).  Type in the target number (for example 97T), hit enter, and slave to it.

Just like you would waypoint. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the response. I did figure that out previously, but that is alot of buttons to mash if you want to cycle through targets quickly. I know when in prepoint mode on the MMS and you hit R2 for PPT, that box pops up with the last target point in the "M" line, but the lines above (1 thru 5) are empty. How can you get those other targets to be entered in those slots? It is much easier once those would be entered in those box lines to cycle through those targets if that data was entered there as all you need to do is keep hitting the PPT button to cycle through them.

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

Ok, so if I understand you correctly, no matter what, I still have to manually add them to the list, once that is done, they stay on the list and i can come back later to that list and they will be there and I will be able to cycle through them. Correct?

14 hours ago, Fakum said:

Ok, so if I understand you correctly, no matter what, I still have to manually add them to the list, once that is done, they stay on the list and i can come back later to that list and they will be there and I will be able to cycle through them. Correct?

(I believe this works for target , it does work for waypoints)
The alternative method is that you can go to the 'New Target' page (under Nav Setup), and enter the target number to edit the target point, then there should be 'prepoint' along the right. Make sure that's boxed and hit 'store', and that'll populate it to the prepoint menu (not sure what happens if the box is already full). Additionally, the last created point is automatically stored to the 'M' prepoint position in the PPT dropdown list.

• Like 1