M07 Matrix sometimes not attacking + CBU99 issue

Hello Badger633,

had a problem with Matrix after missing one of my 2 MAVs. He would not attack as ordered and just return to formation. Situation could be fixed by attacking the targets with gun.

When I tried again, he behaved as expected. Only difference was, that both of my MAVs hit.

I also have a problem with the CBU99s in this mission, which could of course be entirely  my fault for not setting up the bomb correctly. I tried attacking from about 15k ft in Auto mode with EFUZE set to VTY1 and a HT of 1500. If I do this, the bomblets will hit waaaaay infront of the target. Any tips on how to set this up? I tried running in in CCIP mode, but the 3 or 4 IGLAS that are launching simultaneously make this pretty much impossible?

Edited by Solid_84

Hi @Solid_84

Thanks for that. Whether you hit with your Mavs or not does not prompt Matrix to attack.  I believe it is a current attack command DCS bug that only works intermittently.  Also apparently I have seen on the forum that the CBU's are also broken at the moment.  Hopefully both will be fixed soon.  🤞  

F/A-18C Campaigns : The Serpent’s Head / The Serpent’s Head 2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

@Solid_84 I had no prob with Matrix, he always attacked the convoy indipendently of how many hit my Mavs registered so I cannot help sorry.

About the CBUs you're right, in AUTO never hit anything in my try and CCIP almost impossible, despite changed before T/O fuzes and settings,nothing.

I cheated a bit ( sorry @Badger633) and loaded my plane with a CVER with two CBUs ( needed to prompt tha call "bombs away", otherways the dialogues don't continue and also for fear of broke something) and a GBU-32 on the other inner pylon. Identified the target and dropped the JDAM as soon in range followed by a CBU that prompted the already mentioned "Bomb away" , returned for the 2nd CBU pass and this cause Ford to call in Matrix to drop his LGBs and all at this point worked as designed.

I know, is a bit cheating, but work;I think that independently of hit or not the target with your cluster bomb, the second pass prompt Ford calling in Matrix for the LGB drop, so think you have these two option

Just my two cent...

Edited by Kurnass1977

Hi @Kurnass1977

Thanks for that. Just did some testing myself and yes CBU is bursting straight away no matter what I do. Hopefully ED will get this sorted ASAP.

• Thanks 1

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

1 hour ago, Kurnass1977 said:

@Solid_84 I had no èrob with Matrix, he always attacked the convoy indipendently of how many hit my Mavs registered so I cannot help sorry.

About the CBUs you're right, in AUTO never hot anything in my try and CCIP almost impossible, despite changed before T/O fuzes and settings,nothing.

I cheated a bit ( sorry @Badger633) and loaded my plane with a CVER with two CBUs ( needed to prompt tha call "bombs away", otherways the dialogues don't prosegue and also for fear of broke something) and a GBU-32 on the other inner pylon. Identified the target and dropped the JDAM as soon in range followed by a CBU that prompted the aòready mentioned "Bomb away" , returned for the 2nd CBU pass and this cause Ford to call in Matrix to drop his LGBs and all at this point worked as designed.

I know, is a bit cheating, but work;I think that independently of hot or not the target with your cluster bomb, the second pass prompt Ford calling in Matrix for the LGB drop, so think you have these two option

Just my two cent...

Think I will do the same instead of waiting for a fix by ED. Can I just change the loadout in the mission briefing or do I need to load the mission in mission editor?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Having just nearly punched my monitor.... you might want to extend the mission fail radius for Pala too once all targets destroyed.  I had rejoined him and  was RTB when it Msn failed me.  

Posted (edited)

Hi @Biggles81

What exactly was the fail message. When you say you rejoined him how far were you away from him.? Where abouts were you when you got the fail message?

Edited by Badger633

2 ore fa, Biggles81 ha scritto:

Having just nearly punched my monitor.... you might want to extend the mission fail radius for Pala too once all targets destroyed.  I had rejoined him and  was RTB when it Msn failed me.  

Happened also to me one time, too much time to rejoin and received the Mission Fail message

@Biggles81 @Kurnass1977

At a certain point Pala breaks to leave the group if I remember put the formation check with Pala just before he goes. Question is were either of you in formation by then? Not at my rig for a couple of weeks but will review then, don’t want Biggles81 ruining his monitor. 😉

Have done it again, stayed right on his wingtip and didn't get a fail, but looking at his course and altitude variations am pretty sure PALA has been drinking.....

Not sure who is a bigger worry, him or Matrix...😉.   

Monitor intact, time for some camomile tea and deep breathing exercises.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Should now be fixed in 9th Aug Update. 👍