In game VOIP not working - advice please

As title - Having ruled out any SRS clash, I still have issues. When I transmit, it is red, not green and myself and the person I am in the server with are only showing my end in the "coalition" section, NOT the common section.....

However, my test partner, sees us both in "common", but greyed out. He has the same lack of audio when he transmits and sees the box as red, not green. I do hear the squelch at the end of his transmission though, him likewise. 

In another test yesterday, he had a different GUI window showing, with more people showing, than me when we joined....see screenshots....why is that? And what would cause us to not appear in the "common" my end? 

Later more people joined and he could hear and speak to them correctly....so it appears the issue is related to my machine / set up only...

I have all the correct boxes ticked and buttons bound and double checked Wags video and flappies guide.......

Thanks

Screen_240618_124003.jpeg

Screen_240618_124224.png

Is there any way this could be some kind of router / ports issue? And iof so, any ideas on how to troubleshoot? 

Edited by markturner1960

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

Red is transmitting, green is receiving, yellow is on with no traffic, grey is off. 

If you are all in coalition but greyed out, I think that means you are all in radio mode.

You can move between the Libby rooms by clicking on the name. If in spectators only common is available. Once you in slot you move to coalition, but also radios become priority. 

People I have used it with seem to have trouble at the start. Very often seems to be config as after several rounds of redoing all the same bindings and settings it seems to work. Can't say if they had it right first or not. My voip seems to work all the time but I don't unplug/replug my headset or peripherals and keep PC clean and trim. Who knows. 

Edited by Hoirtel

Thanks Hoirtel, I mentioned the box colours because in Wags video on this, at minute 6.30 approx he starts talking about the different box colours and actually says something different, that red in the box means you are transmitting, but no one is receiving, green means you are transmitting and there people on the same channel receiving…….this is where it gets confusing!

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

On 6/21/2024 at 7:22 AM, markturner1960 said:

Thanks Hoirtel, I mentioned the box colours because in Wags video on this, at minute 6.30 approx he starts talking about the different box colours and actually says something different, that red in the box means you are transmitting, but no one is receiving, green means you are transmitting and there people on the same channel receiving…….this is where it gets confusing!

Oh... Interesting.... Well I have used it quite a lot although only in 2 person co-op (on dedicated server).

As with any Comms we always test as early on as we can and those colours I always see. I have never seen green when I have transmitted, only red. I saw the green when my wingman responded.

I must admit it always seemed counter intuitive... red is good, green is also good. Yellow is neutral. Only one that made sense is gray = off. 

Some of the people I flew with have had issues, and in this case I would see the green transmit and hear the click, but not get any voice. It seemed that there was always a config issue somewhere on Thier end as redoing bindings and/or headset plugging seemed to fix. It did also sound like one person had some conflict with background applications but as I am not there looking at the setup I can't tell for sure. 

It's a shame there isn't an easier way of troubleshooting..

• 1 month later...

I've got the same problem, but an added one as well, my comms only works with the Ground Crew, and I can't get any towers to respond to me no matter what I do. And I'm no noob to LOCKON/DCS. I can't get VOIP in-game comms to work either, Everything works, the guys hear my mic clicks, and see the colors change, but no audio. TS works, discord works, but no joy on DCS VOIP comms or cockpit game radios.

Sempre Fortis