DCS isn’t being recognised by Adrenaline?

I done a search, and the only half useful thing I found was from 2018, but obviously a lot has changed since then. 

basically, I downloaded the adrenaline software ( I usually only run the drivers ) for my 7900xtx, but when I launch DCS it isn’t recognising it as a game, meaning I can’t press ALT+R to open the adrenaline software and configure things like fluid motion or chill or anything like that. 

does anyone have any idea how I can make DCS and Adrenaline work together so I can use it? 

The reason you are having problems is because you are installing drivers only, Adrenaline doesn't install any user interface at all on 'Drivers Only' just a reference in Device Manager as to what driver is being used.

Clicking Alt+R isn't going to work because there is no interface to open, the bare minimum for the interface and recording features is 'Full Installation'

You don't have to have a game running either to adjust any of the settings, Alt+R brings up the interface regardless of what you are doing and you can just select games and stuff in there and editing the functions you want, can do the same by double clicking the icon on the task bar.

Just adding this for reference from the AMD site:

Features and Menus

Full installation provides all Radeon Software features and controls for gaming, recording, streaming, and performance tuning, available on your graphics hardware.

Minimal installation provides only the basic controls for Radeon Software and does not include advanced features such as performance tuning or recording and capturing content.

Driver only installation provides no user interface for Radeon Software features. Driver version information is available in Device Manager.

Edited by TKhaos