Cannot control the Shkval

LukeFF

I'm having a problem controlling the Shkval in the training mission where one engages a variety of ground targets. Typically what happens is, after engaging a number of targets with ATGMs, the Shkval starts scanning vertically, and nothing I can do will bring it under control - resetting the targeting system, attempting to re-cage the Shvkal, etc. In other words, it just moves from side to side and doesn't respond to any control input.

did you try the re-center key for the shkval? right ctrl i will re-center tht bad boy....5x5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

This bothered me for the longest time...

Don't re-center, as you'll lose your target half the time. Just do this- rather than fight it, try working with it, in the direction it's moving. IE, if it starts scanning left, hit the left directional input and it will stop. It's counterintuitive, which is why it took me so long to figure this out for myself.

The command seems to "stick" sometimes and the only way to clear it is to re-input the same command... fighting it doesn't do anything. It's kind of annoying, but you'll stop noticing it and do it automatically eventually. I generally only have to do it once per mission anyway...

PS- are you using a Saitek?

Edited by Funco

"Scanning side to side" is a Shkval scanning mode. You must have pressed O two times in a row.

As the other suggests, when in doubt use Backspace to reset.

- Then O once, then start slewing and look for targets.

- When target found use Enter to lock it.

- Target unlocks when destroyed, or you can hold enter and slew away if it's still locked.

- Remember to use = or - to change the FOV, and ] and [ to change bracketsize of the autotarget reticle.

Watching the weapon training tutorial ingame should clarify some of these things for you, except the double-O scanning mode which is only explained in the manual :)

• Like 1

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

I am using a CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle/Throttle Quad setup, and I have the key commands to slew the Shkval set up on the Fighterstick.

"Scanning side to side" is a Shkval scanning mode. You must have pressed O two times in a row.

I don't think it's this. Unlike the standard scanning mode, the Shkval will start scanning around with a mind of its own, at scanning speeds far above what the normal scan mode allows, and often this occurs at diagonal angles.

Don't re-center, as you'll lose your target half the time. Just do this- rather than fight it, try working with it, in the direction it's moving. IE, if it starts scanning left, hit the left directional input and it will stop. It's counterintuitive, which is why it took me so long to figure this out for myself.

The command seems to "stick" sometimes and the only way to clear it is to re-input the same command... fighting it doesn't do anything. It's kind of annoying, but you'll stop noticing it and do it automatically eventually. I generally only have to do it once per mission anyway...

Thanks. This is what I think is going on. I'll give your trick a try next time this happens.

I figured out what the problem was. I still had the default keypresses assigned by the game active in my controller profile, in addition to the profile I had created in CH's Control Manager. That meant that for certain buttons the same command was being sent twice - once by BS, and once by Control Manager. Whoops! :music_whistling:

That's odd because the same thing is happening to me as well. Except mine will start moving in one direction only and no matter what I do I can't get it to stop. I don't have any buttons conflicting, I'm using the hat on my joystick, but I didn't clear the commands on the keyboard for it, which shouldn't matter right. I never use the keyboard to control the direction of it, and no other keys are mapped to control the shkval.

You probably experienced the other reason - when the targetting computer tries to compensate for your helo's movement to maintain the targetspot in place. The only problem is that it may be wrong due to it doesn't know your flight paramaters since it's been change too much.

Hence it feels like it's "being moved and I cannot control it". :)

1. Use BACK to reset you target computer

2. Reaquire with O and ENTER if you need to lock something (and use a bit of lase)

I'm not sure if the Shkval-Center functin works - I forgot to test it.

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning