Green or red flashlight filter

Carbon715

OK but you are looking at a colour screen or headset, and your eyes aren't actually adjusted for night conditions regardless of the time set in the sim, so you aren't washing out your rods by using white light in the sim.

So yes, for better eye candy, but to all intents and purposes, from what I've seen it makes no difference in game.

There'll probably be a LUA line somewhere for the RGB value if you want to dig around though.

• Like 1

Laptop Pilot. Alienware X17, i9 11980HK 5.0GHz, 16GB RTX 3080, 64GB DDR4 3200MHz, NVMe SSD. 2x TM Warthog, Hornet grip, Virpil CM2 & TPR pedals, FSSB-R3, Cougar throttle, Viper pit WIP (XBox360 when traveling). Rift S.

NTTR, SoH, Syria, Sinai, Channel, South Atlantic, CA, Supercarrier, FC3, A-10CII, F-5, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Harrier, M2000, F1, Viggen, MiG-21, Yak-52, L-39, MB-339, CE2, Gazelle, Ka-50, Mi-8, Mi-24, Huey, Apache, Spitfire, Mossie.  Wishlist: Tornado, Jaguar, Buccaneer, F-117 and F-111.

On 10/16/2024 at 1:13 AM, Lace said:

OK but you are looking at a colour screen or headset, and your eyes aren't actually adjusted for night conditions regardless of the time set in the sim, so you aren't washing out your rods by using white light in the sim.

You don't say...

It's the principle of having a realistic simulation that's easy to model without lua edits possibly messing with integrity of the sim. 

On 10/16/2024 at 1:46 AM, Fisherman82 said:

In the Hornet there was a green flash light but that was removed sadly.

That is incorrect.  I just used it the other night and it's still there.  It opens to white by default, but there is a keybind to change it to green.