All joystick axis being received the same

DudleyAz

:helpsmilie:

I am in desperate need of some help. I am trying to fly BS with my Cougar HOTAS joystick/throttle, and CH Pro Pedals. It seems that regardless of what I do in the Options panel, the game is reading all of my input devices axis and is inputing them to the three primary axis regardless of how I set it up in the options page, collective up/dn, cyclic fwd/bk, cyclic l/r. Let me elaborate: :joystick:

Cougar joystick is assigned to cyclic l/r (axis x) and cyclic f/b (axis y)

Cougar throttle is assigned to collective u/d (axis z)

CH Pro pedals are assigned to rudder l/r (axis z)

The problem is, if I move the rudder pedals, in the game it is effecting the collective, not the rudder. If I move the Cougar throttle, it tries to move the collective, but it stutters and stammers because it is also seeing the rudder pedal input (the pedals self center, so it keeps conflicting the inputs. The same happens for the x/y on the pedals (toe brakes normally). It is effecting the cyclic l/r and fwd/bk.

Even if I clear the CH products assignment, if I touch the pedals in the game, I get collective z axis input, and there seems to be no way to get rudder input from anything. Regardless of device or assingment, all devices on my computer with an x/y/z axis ability, whether mapped/assigned or not, effect the two cyclic and collective axis.

I do not have this problem in any other sim using these same controls. This happens irregardless of which controls are plugged in to the pc. (if I unplug the ch products, and map the hat switch x axis on my Saitek pc dash (p-8000) to rudder, it still effects cyclic l/r). I have rebooted the pc several times, along with recalibrating all of the various controllers.

I have also noted that irregardless of which way I map the Cougar throttle (regular or inverted), it still wants to apply the axis the same way, similar to airplane mode. I normally fly helos reversed, where max collective is all the way 'back', which would normally be idle in an airplane. I think this is related to the problem, but not sure how.

HELP!

Dudley :mad:

If it worked perfectly... what's the fun in that? :joystick:

DudleyAz, I have very similar problem. I have Microsoft Sidewinder 2 and CH Pro Pedals. The Pedals get mapped to pitch/raw/collective regardless of whatever settings I have in the options page. Even if they are all blank, they still get mapped. I use axis tune to verify I have the right axes.

I read something about some updated DLLs, is there an official patch available?

I'd like to know where the problem is before buying another set of pedals... :(