A-10 lock problems?

Ive been playing the night mission in one of the A10 campaigns and Ive found that you can not lock onto a 2s6 tunguska with ir or optical under any circumstances, range, or even under flares. is this a bug? or is this programmed to make the mission storey a certain way. its incredibly annoying.

I dont seem to have that problem you do know you have to be in 3.2 nm range?

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Some area on the map have bug that you can't lock onto anything on them... one such area is near Novorosysk city (NW of the airbase) so this might be it. Don't bother using TV guided Mavericks at night (unless you use flares) but with IR's shouldn't be an issue locking from good 15+km away

No longer active in DCS...

I can obtain an IR Maverick Lock at 4 or 5 nautical miles. Although i try to fire the mav at a closer range.

I do remember some players stating a map bug in lock on wherein your a-10 can not lock anything.. at novorossiysk area? not so sure...

Also take note the the Maverick K is not optimized for night missions since it uses a TV seeker.

----

EDIT: Kuky beat me to it =D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I can never get a lock more then 3.2 nm with any of the mav's..

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

• 1 month later...

Unless it's located within a city/ town.. Seen plenty of interference with buildings kind of taking over. Despite the vehicle being visibly hotter on screen- buildings do sometimes overwhelm the camera and make it hard to lock up. Approach from different angle.

Unless it's located within a city/ town.. Seen plenty of interference with buildings kind of taking over. Despite the vehicle being visibly hotter on screen- buildings do sometimes overwhelm the camera and make it hard to lock up. Approach from different angle.

Valid point.

Most ppl have settings set to draw vehicles farther than other ground props. It's possible that vehicles get actually obscured by ground objects that are yet to be drawn...

Cheers, CHola

its near trees but its clear as day on thermal, and under flare on dtv cam, but its unlockable from pretty much every angle, i have to dance with it until its out of ammo then gun it, or attempt to loft a bomb at it after sending in the good ol wingman as a decoy falcon 4 style.

Hm...If I put a tank behind the building and set building distance draw to very low, I can see tank through the building normally, but can't lock it and if I shoot it with a cannon, shells will impact on building, although it hasn't been drawn (impact on air).

Whether it's the same case with trees, I don't know, but I believe it's possible. Try putting vehicles on the meadow, maybe there's an electric pole nearby or something like that.

Cheers, CHola

• 3 months later...

hmm the mission is in the a10 campaign, think its the 5th? start at night, fly north east more or less to destroy a convoy of trucks protected at the rear by a sam. also some aa guns in a field between 2 lakes thats wide open, and 2? sams in the woods west of the main run protecting a flanking run.

the trucks i can lock onto w no problems, and i can clearly see the aa in the field and rear sam truck, but cant lock on to either. no building/terrain/trees are blocking them, i can even dive on them and get within a mile before taking direct fire, but still cant lock despite overly bright image on thermals. dtv mav doesnt lock either, except on the trucks.

if i get it dead center before locking, it simply jumps about 50 years in any direction and locks the ground instead instead of the obvious heat source.

i could imagine it having trouble with the sams to the east as they are in the woods, and once the trees load they do a decent job of providing cover... but the aa is dead center in a field and the moving sam last in the convoy is clear as day on the road, and you can lock ANY of the trucks, and they are on the same path/terrain/speed!

just for kicks ill put on god mode and drop flares to see if i can get a dtv mav lock...?

took a break form blackshark and came back to flame for abit and narrowed it down... its the vehicle in the city of plodovo in mission 5... just north on the river edge of the left most ally tank formation. its a tungusta i think? has same and anti air arty.

ill try this out to night :joystick:

@grandkodiak,

I've noticed Mavericks work significantly worse in Patch 1.12b and I can't lock onto tank with "K" Maverick farther than 1.5km!

I think that's "increased realism" tweak...

I can't seem to find this mission where is it or did you DL it from other sorce?:helpsmilie: