logitech force 3d pro...blem...

Hi! I have a logitech force 3d pro (i bought it the day I got black shark).

Well, I always had problems flying the heli, very unstable, if I release the joystick it would always bank very hard or just flip backwards or fordwards, taxing was very dangerous...

two days ago I played without my joystick and it was very smooth. The autopilot worked perfectly in routing mode. Of course, I can't really play this game without a joystick but it seams unreasonably hard to play with one...

so, my obvious conclusion was the joystick is the problem. I've set a "Dead zone" of 20% already, and I'm with 35% sensitivity... but its very unstable still..

Does anyone know what are good settings for this joystick? Or is this a triming problem? :doh:

Don't have that stick, so I'll just give some general advise. Turn your dead zone and curves back down to 0. Go into the joystick control panel and move your stick. You shouldn't see any spiking or drifting. Move your stick around center. If there is any slop, then you can add a few percent of deadzone so that the slop won't register any movement (this is so that you can release the stick and it won't try to override any automatics). I'm thinking 2-3%, depending on how bad the stick is (these numbers might be off, but it should be very small).

Now, go back in the sim and try it out. You should need VERY little control input. On my setup (ch gear, modified with 12bit controllers), I find that I usually move the stick maybe 1/16" inch when in hover or slow speeds gets me where I want to go.

With 0 or near zero deadband, you won't need to move the stick very much. With a huge deadband, you have to move the stick through that deadband before any responce occurs, probably ending up overcorrecting.

Thank you starbird.

Unfortunatly I believe the problem is really my logitech joystick... I've installed the latest drivers from logitech site... something is wrong. I'm halfway through the first campaign, I know how to fly the thing... I now monitor the joystick input through the RCTRL-ENTER indicator and even when I'm not touching the controller it keeps sending random messages... it never is 0-0 centered on x-y axis even when I'm not touching it, it always has a large Y value and when I trim, it just nose dives. Also, it keeps adding rudder to the right (x) and I have to twist it alot to the left to keep it still. Its some kind of lotery, sometimes it works fine, but other times, as soon as I take off, the heli just goes beserk... :(