ACE2245

Hi all,

I just bought a new laptop.

Specs:

2.5 ghz

4 gigs RAM

Intel media graphics accelerator

Windows Vista 64

I can start the game fine, but when I enter the cockpit of a plane (any) the graphics are mixed up. There are shadows in wrong spots, repeating pictures, and lots of other graphics problems.

I've been fiddling with the graphics settings, but they still wont work.

Please Help! :helpsmilie:

Intel media graphics accelerator

There's your Problem.

You need a dedicated GPU to be able to adequately run the SIM.

Welcome to the Forums btw :)

• Like 1

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Which intel media graphics accelerator do you have? Perhaps it's a problem with performance, or maybe you don't have sufficient VRAM. Try cranking down all graphics options to minimum to see if the problem persists. If so, try increasing shared video RAM in the BIOS. There should be no reason to go beyond 512MB of shared memory.

Then again, You mentioned you're using Vista 64. Could be a driver issue.

Good luck!

• Like 1

SixMarbles, certain about that? I haven't seen any driver issues specifically related to Vista 64 in a LONG time and suspect that the suspicion is a bit outdated.

I would be more keen to suspect the Intel graphics circuit. Intel's graphics component for laptops are usually a LONG distance from being able to handle something like DCS, and most of the time aren't really meant to even try. The fact that it loads at all is, to be honest, somewhat surprising.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Which intel media graphics accelerator do you have? Perhaps it's a problem with performance, or maybe you don't have sufficient VRAM. Try cranking down all graphics options to minimum to see if the problem persists. If so, try increasing shared video RAM in the BIOS. There should be no reason to go beyond 512MB of shared memory.

Then again, You mentioned you're using Vista 64. Could be a driver issue

Viper already hit on the spot. It's the problem with Intel Media Graphics Accelerator. Doesn't matter how many tweaks you'll try - it's no use. You NEED dedicated graphics card to play games.

WBR, =FV=BlackDragon.

logo3435.gif[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks Guys! You helped a lot.

One more question: I was looking at nvidia graphics cards, and was considiering buying one.

I wasn't sure if I could replace it on my laptop. I read somewhere that you have to have a non-default graphics card to replace it.

I have a really bad desktop I bought in 2001 that can run Lock On (barely).

Specs (they're pretty accurate from what I can remember):

1 ghz

512 mb RAM

(I cant really remember the name of the graphics card, but I upgraded it a few years ago and it runs Lock On)

Windows XP proffesional

Should I just stick with the desktop or try upgrading my laptop?

Thanks again

That desktop will not give you a good experience with DCS:BS. Though when you say "plane (any)" it sounds as if you mean Lock On, not DCS. (This is the DCS section. :P )

Swapping graphics cards on laptops is most often a very very complex maneuver if it is at all possible, though, so unless you have good experience of similar things I would not recommend that you do it. A google for your model might be able to tell you if there's any good possibilities, but I would say you are stuck with the desktop. Best option would be a new desktop computer, since they are easier to upgrade in the future as well and are generally better bang for the buck in performance.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester