Paypal Transactions are not all created equal..

For those (like me) who don't use Paypal enough to know every detail about it- know that if you try to buy FC with your bank account linked paypal account- it aint gonna work. I'm assuming that you must transfer funds to your "paypal account" (which of course takes days) before the FC download will progress normally. My only nitpick to ED on this is that it would have been nice to know this up front- I simply assumed that my valid Paypal account would work, as it does on the other items I use it for.

Now, a couple of things..

If I use a credit card linked PP- Will that count as an instantaneous transfer, or do I still have to get the funds into that PP account first? If anyone has done this with success- please post that. If customers MUST do a payment directly from the PP account only, please post that too so Others don't get the transaction failed error.

Kudos to Tishin & Kate- they replied and refunded my 2 bad attempts to me right away. Unfortunately, I have to wait days on PP to post the $70 to my PP account.. That is ridiculous, but not ED's fault.

Again please CONFIRM that a credit card linked account will go through. If it does- I can buy it tonight on my wife's paypal. If it doesn't I feel kind of compelled to wait for days the funds to be posted into the PP account.

I made a transaction almost instantly using a temporary paypal account. The whole process from start to download took me about 5 mins. I simply selected visa via paypal and had to enter a few personal details, then the card no. and then I was able to download. As far as I could see, it worked very well. BTW this is the first time i used paypal so I did not have any previous accounts.

Again please CONFIRM that a credit card linked account will go through. If it does- I can buy it tonight on my wife's paypal. If it doesn't I feel kind of compelled to wait for days the funds to be posted into the PP account.

whaddy think Eagle? Can I do this tonight on a different paypal account set up with a plain visa?