several bugs in the 1.0.1 patch

ArchAngel

Ever since I installed the 1.0.1 patch the following broblems have occured.

1. When I order wingmen to hold position, they turn about 120 degrees to the right and just keep going, and going, and going...

2. I order wingmen to go to a datalink point. The wingman goes to datalink point, announces "at destination", then, again, keeps on going to points unknown.

3. Given a recon order, the wingmen will recon directly into ground threats.

4. Wingmen does not recognize threats, or announces threats, even when we fly directly over them. When I give order to engage ground tgts, then wingmen does so, even though I had no idea that such threats existed.

5. I order wingmen to engage designated tgts, sometimes from 7 or 8 kilometers out. Instead of engageing tgts from a safe distance with vikhrs, wingmen fly almost directly into tgts and subsequently get blown out of the sky.

I believe this issue has not received enough attention. I've read in other posts that one should just order wingmen on suicide missions, or shoot them yourself just to get rid of them. That is unacceptable.

I wish to enjoy this game to its fullest, both in single player as well as mp. The issue is, should I play BS's original install and forgo mp? Or, play mp on its 1.0.1 and forgo sp because of idiotic wingmen?

Please reply post haste if you have similar issues. Wags, please inform me if you are aware of this and if there are plans to fix this bug.

An expert is one who knows more and more about less and less until he knows absolutely everything about nothing.

1. Wingmen will no go for hover at destination, they keep moving to increase survivability.

2. Same as 1.

3. Think before you're ordering recce - you can decide recce depth.

4. Wingmen (and other AI) recognizes threats based on his sensors and skill. So, if skill low, he can easily miss out the target in his sensors FOV. And even perfect skill AI can't see targets out of his sensors FOV.

5. Looks like they can't see your targets, see 4. Use procedure as follows: first send' em to OP where they can see targets, and only then order to engage.

WBR, =FV=BlackDragon.

logo3435.gif[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What dragony said plus:

1. & 2. will only occur if you order your wingman to hold position where he is fired at, lased or in danger and he is aware of this danger.

3. The wingmens reports are usually send to you via datalink and when you save them on the ARBIS you can see their positions on the map. Now it's pretty easy to estimate the distance your wingmen will travel and if that distance will bring him into weapons range of the reported contacts.

So it's your responsibility to either insist on your order to continue recon or to abort your order and e.g. tell him to hold his position or rejoin.

4. Even the most rookie wingmen report contacts by direction and distance and mark them via datalink. The detection range will vary a lot, though. Threats like soldiers with stingers are more difficult to detect. Depending on skill, they can only see them, when being attacked by them. That's very realistic indeed.

5. That depends a lot on the wingmans skills. The higher the skill, the larger the distance he can lock the target and engage. If you think or find he's rather rookie, just like in real life it's your responsibility as leader of the flight to act accordingly and assign him to task he's capable of doing.

A wingman is not an ace in the pocket. It's no superman who will come and rescue you or who will do your job. As in RL it's another pair of eyes and weapons with strengths and weaknesses. Use them wisely and interact with them.

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

I read above and see where youall are coming from. The problem remains. When I order wingmen to hold position, even when there are no threats, the wingmen turn 120 degrees to the right and just keep going. They dont circle around or what not, just goes in a straight line and keeps on going.

I order wingmen to go to a datalink point, no threats, wingmen gets to datalink point, announces "at destination" and just keeps going.

Problems listed above are real and only with the 1.0.1 patch. There is a significant differens of wingmen behavior compared to the original install.

Ohh yeah, ai is set to experienced.

Very freakin frustrating.

On original install, if i order wingmen to engage datalink tgts and i am 7 ks out, wingmen effectively engages tgts with viks, sometimes while in formation. With the 1.0.1 patch, they fly way too close.

Edited by ArchAngel

An expert is one who knows more and more about less and less until he knows absolutely everything about nothing.

I read above and see where youall are coming from. The problem remains. When I order wingmen to hold position, even when there are no threats, the wingmen turn 120 degrees to the right and just keep going. They dont circle around or what not, just goes in a straight line and keeps on going.

I order wingmen to go to a datalink point, no threats, wingmen gets to datalink point, announces "at destination" and just keeps going.

Problems listed above are real and only with the 1.0.1 patch. There is a significant differens of wingmen behavior compared to the original install.

Ohh yeah, ai is set to experienced.

Very freakin frustrating.

On original install, if i order wingmen to engage datalink tgts and i am 7 ks out, wingmen effectively engages tgts with viks, sometimes while in formation. With the 1.0.1 patch, they fly way too close.

Can you post a track, please?

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

I would be more than happy to post a track if I knew how to do that. I'm not computer savvy. If you or someone could be kind enough to give me instructions I'll do it.

Track

Here it is mine. In this track you can see I send Wingman 4 on reconnaissance for 3 klics and when finished, I ordered him to hold.

But he does not hold, he goes to the right and then traces a circle around my position.

Note: part of the track is recorded with accelerated time.

wingmandonthold.trk

Edited by Martillo1
typos

Vista, Suerte y al Toro!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Once again, I order a wingman to take out a entrenched gun position from 8 kilos out. The wingman flies until he is about 500 meters, doesnt even fire a shot and he gets killed

Lets be real, this should not happen. Wingmen ai in original version were waaaayyy better then this. Its not right that i cant fly sp because of idiotic wingmen.

Serious Wags, have you all even looked into this problem? Will there be a fix soon?